I have set up an new email account and now forward all my business email ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

MidleAgesMan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8F7D1

how to use an alias as return address

Advertisement

I have set up an new email account and now forward all my business email to that address. I have been told I should be able to set my replies via the Pearl to show my business email address rather than the actual address for the new account. (I have to do it this way because my company does not use BES.)

Does anyone know how this can be done?

For example, my business address is XYZ@gibberish.net, the new email account that allows me to get my business email on the BB is ABC@bellsouth.net. When I reply via BB I want my address to show XYZ@gibberish.net, not ABC@bellsouth.net.

VanillaEps no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

Re: how to use an alias as return address

I believe there's a program that you can download that lets you perform this function. I think its called BB Reply.

Besides, I believe the new version of BIS lets you choose from which address you would like to reply from....but I have not been able to get it to work....

8lackPearl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DECF97

I have t-mobile and I set up my email(my.name@company.com) via their website on my pc. I receive my email on my bb through TMO. When I reply on my bb, the address reads my.name@company.com. The only thing you may want to change is the signature, by default it reads: "sent via tmobile blackberry.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba

If you have both emails set up on your BB... prior to sending the message you should have the "Send Using" option. When you open a new email message click on the Send Using... You will get a drop down of the email you want it to be sent from. I always switch from my work, to my design one all the time.

baconismidog no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

In VERIZON cingular and tmonile you set this option in the web interface from a computer. Log into your providers web interface and change it there. Your provider should be the same for the bis you are using.

B

MidleAgesMan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8F7D1

Thanks for the help, peoples. My Pearl refuses to go to the BB email site--error message every time--but I was able to change the settings on the BB site via a PC.

I had to use the help feature where I found incorrect instructions. It says choose the email addy to edit, click on edit, then click on the Reply To box and enter the return address you want to show.

There was no Reply To box so I decided to try an empty box named Email Address. I entered my business address there, tested it, and sure enough the business address now shows up instead of the actual address my BB uses to get the mail.