Hey guys, this is my 1st post. I've looked all around but i can't find ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

fq101 no está en línea Stack level 1

How to Turn off beeping sound of numbers?

Advertisement

Hey guys, this is my 1st post. I've looked all around but i can't find an answer to this question.

Does anybody know how I can turn off the beeping sound that the blackberry pearl makes when I enter numbers to dial? I've tried going into the options page and turning off 'key note' but that just turns off all the other key sounds. However when i dial a number the keys still beep.

I appreciate the help!.. Thank you!

f101

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Re: How to Turn off beeping sound of numbers?

There is no way to actually turn these sounds off, just like the shutter sound on the camera, I'm pretty sure that it is there for security reasons.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

not sure that it's possible...have you tried having the phone profile in off?

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Plugging in headphones will play the sound through them though, so you'll only hear the tones if you have your headphones on.

PIN/ID
    242E7D27

lol not sure that the dialing sound is for security reasons...just probably something they never thought of since not many people use the phone number dialing on their BBs number by number...usually they're speed dialed, or called through addy book...this is supported by the fact that you can turn off the rolling click of the trackball (shouldn't they have left this sound in too for "security"?)...so maybe like the photo shutter sound if you can find the audio file replace it with a blank audio file and then you won't have beeps when you dial...but i believe some one is trying that for the shutter sound and there is still no success...anyone who works for RIM wanna help us out?!

PIN/ID
    242E7D27

limbs' solution also works for the camera sounds as posted in those threads...basically any sound you don't want to hear just plug in your headphones but not into your ears

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Thees actually different sounds. One for the actual keypad and one for the phone tones. The keypad can be turned off the phone tones cannot.

fq101 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks guys,

Oh well. I was just wondering because sometimes in class.. if i want to text message i don't want the beeps to be heard hehe..

its all good,

fq101

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Here is the workaround that I've successfully used for years. Instead of dialing the number add it to your address book. This way it won't beep and you'll have the number for the future.