Hello, I'm pretty new to my BB and I was wondering if I could transfer ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

smv13 no está en línea Stack level 1

How to transfer files

Advertisement

Hello,

I'm pretty new to my BB and I was wondering if I could transfer music from my computer to my BB. I tried doing it last night, but the files wouldn't move.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    smv13,

Do you have a microSD Media chip in your Pearl yet? I think that is needed. I don't have a Pearl, so am not familiar with all that can be done, But I have understood that you can use the Media Manager feature of the Desktop Manager to move media (MP3 and Video) to and from the microSD chip.

Hope this helps
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I don't know what a Micro SD chip is, so I'll assume no. I only have what came with the phone. I'll have to look into that a little more...thanks

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    If the pearl can be used as mass usb storage then you can just plug it into your pc and open the drive in my computer, then drag and drop the music.

That's what I've been trying to do, but it won't let me drag and drop...I'm not sure what the problem is.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    SMV the micro sd chip is similar to your digital camera or PSP memory chips

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You won't be able to load music without the microSD, which is NOT supplied with the Pearl.

You can use short MP3 files as ringers, but I don't know if they can be transferred without downloading using the browser.

Do you have "mass storage" enabled?

From the homescreen: Options --> Advanced Options --> Media Card. This page has all the associated settings you require to enable mass media.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you want music (songs, or make your own ringtones) you need a micro SD card (also called transflash). It's not a MiniSD card, which is confusing. Get one 512mb or 1gb at Bestbuy, OfficeMax, or (cheaper) online. Then put it in the phone after you enable mass storage (above) and format it. Then you can connect the phone to the pc and drag music into the Music Folder, or photos into the Photo folder, or ringtones (music too, maybe shorter) into that folder.

jimmyb no está en línea Stack level 1

transferring files

I have only had my pearl a few days , but have a bluetooth adaptor in my pc, and you can bluetooth music and 3gp video straight into the pearl, and my pearl had a 128mb microsd in the box, in fact already in the pearl itself, when i bought it 3 days ago in the uk on o2

hope this is of some use, check and see if there isn't already a small black micro sd under the battery in a little "sim card holder" in the top of the back of the unit ??

cheers

jimmyb