Hi All! My job (healthcare) does not have a BES, is there any way to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

teis1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20EE148C

How to sync WORK EMAIL

Advertisement

Hi All!

My job (healthcare) does not have a BES, is there any way to manually add my work email to my BB? We use Novell Groupwise. I have my online address and port #s. Thnx!

my PIN is 23E09A3C, please feel free to add me as a buddy.

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: How to sync WORK EMAIL

I've never used Novell Groupwise, but seeing as noone else replied I'll give this a shot. Can you access your email through a "regular" IMAP or POP server? Have you tried logging in to your bb service provider's BIS site (my tmobile.com -> "set up blackberry email"; there is a site for cingular, if you search here you'll find it) and adding the email address and the pw, it might just get you in there without all the port #s and Novell crud.

Just a thought, sorry if its not helpful. I hope someone who knows Novell comes by.

David

teis1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20EE148C

Quote Originally Posted by dwagman
    I've never used Novell Groupwise, but seeing as noone else replied I'll give this a shot. Can you access your email through a "regular" IMAP or POP server? Have you tried logging in to your bb service provider's BIS site (my tmobile.com -> "set up blackberry email"; there is a site for cingular, if you search here you'll find it) and adding the email address and the pw, it might just get you in there without all the port #s and Novell crud.

Just a thought, sorry if its not helpful. I hope someone who knows Novell comes by.

David
    David, thnx for the help, however ive already tried accessing my work email via BIS and was not successful. thnx again for the response.

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

You try asking your company's IT people for help? I'm sure if you've got Novell going on your network they have to have some admin for that sucker.

wibbly no está en línea Stack level 3

Maybe your work email admins would be able/would be prepared to arrange default redirecting of all your work email to an (external) POP3/IMAP account from which your BB can receive mail. Or even to the BB's 'own' email address that you got with the BIS account?