Hi, I am a newbie in Berry. How do I stop the email feed manually? ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nomadmy no está en línea Stack level 1

How to Stop Email When I am in my Office?

Advertisement

Hi,

I am a newbie in Berry. How do I stop the email feed manually? When I back to my office, I will check my email using my Outlook via my company network, I do not need another copy onto my Blackberry.

Please help.

Thank you.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: How to Stop Email When I am in my Office?

You can't everything will be pushed.
    If you're on BES you can use the Email Reconciliation option.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

If you have a device with version 4.2.0 or higher (at this point that means an 8100/Pearl or 8800), go to ( Settings/Tools --> ) Options --> (Mobile) Network, and set Data Services to Off.

I don't believe earlier firmware has this option.
    JerryD

barbuser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pin Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you mention company email, are you on BES?

fbriceno97 Guest

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Man, we need answers so we help you out the best way possible.

By the way either if you are on BES or BIS you can use the Reconcilation option, this can de done by pressing the Menu Key on the email Messages, choose options -> Mail Reconcilation, then you select the account(s) that you want to stop receiving emails, and choose Wireless Reconcile and set it to OFF.

Cheers

McLovin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    If you have a device with version 4.2.0 or higher (at this point that means an 8100/Pearl or 8800), go to ( Settings/Tools --> ) Options --> (Mobile) Network, and set Data Services to Off.

I don't believe earlier firmware has this option.
    i have used this method, only thing about this is when you turn data back on, you get flooded with all the emails that were sent while the data was switched off

fbriceno97 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MistahQ
    i have used this method, only thing about this is when you turn data back on, you get flooded with all the emails that were sent while the data was switched off
    This is not the best effective way if you don't want to receive the emails that you have just read on your desktop on the BlackBerry.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

I dont think there is a way for most of us. I have been looking for the same answer myself since getting a laptop with wifi.

What I do is just turn the sound off for emails on the BB. Then when I go to use it I use the "mark prior opened" option in the menu and start fresh. I dont use the "delete prior" in case I might need to look back when on the BB.

nomadmy no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for all the advices. I am on BIS.

Turning the Data Service OFF, will stop me from receiving MMS and my other personal emails. So it may not be the way that fit my requirement.

Turning the Wireless Reconcile to OFF seems viable at this moment, if there is no better way.

Thanks so much!

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

If your on BIS, this should not be a problem just be sure that your Outlook is pulling the email from the server and check automatically often. This is the way I work so if my outlook is open I barely never received my email on the BB, but I have to close it before going home on night if I want to receive them
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by sn1p3r
    If your on BIS, this should not be a problem just be sure that your Outlook is pulling the email from the server and check automatically often. This is the way I work so if my outlook is open I barely never received my email on the BB, but I have to close it before going home on night if I want to receive them
    This IS the best way to accomplish the goal that is trying to be acheived. Unfortunately at this time there is not true 2 way email reconciliation unless on the BES, since the email gets to the phone by a copy being pushed to the device. It's almost all or nothing.