So went to the BB home page on my BB browser, Push services, and manually ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

micherooo no está en línea Stack level 3

Question How to start push services, i.e. weather?

Advertisement

So went to the BB home page on my BB browser, Push services, and manually added accuweather as a push service. I think it had a notice saying that I should wait up to 24 hours....well....it's been over 24 hours and nothing has happened (I tried searching for this and it should be on my homepage and I don't see anything...maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing?). I really want to try this out but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong or did I mess up my push settings somewhere....

Thanks...

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: How to start push services, i.e. weather?

two things I would try:
    1) go back to the BB home page and verify those are enabled (perhaps they didn't properly save)
    2) on the BB's home screen with all the application icons, hit Menu and select "show all" then look around to see if perhaps it is in there hiding from ya.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

thanks!

At least I know now it wasn't a settings issue.

I have actually went back several times to make sure it was saved and it was. I think it was a weird weird error. I ended up unsubscribing and subscribing again to start fresh and it worked!

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I wish push weather could find my city... I've been having to rely on wunderground email forecasts/nowcasts instead...

So I appreciate that I could finally use the push service, but it sucks, lol. It's very inaccurate compared to other weather information. The push says 25% chance of rain, and it was POURING rain that day. Because it only pushes twices a day, and I live in a city that has unpredictable weather, this can't do.

I am keeping my BB Weather, but....

I downloaded the FreeRange app (i think it says FreeNews on the download area at the BB homepage). I love it more than PicoNews. It automatically downloads news feeds all day and there are SO many setting options so that you can customize it the way you want. I LOVE IT! The weather news feed is AWESOME. I thought it'd be weird to get a weather feed several times a day but I noticed how DIFFERENT each weather update is! It gives me the current condition every hour, and the forecast for the next day and night (I think, I forget) every hour too!!! I still depend on my BB Weather for forecasts further out though. And no, I don't get like 100 feeds for my weather. I just set it so that I only hold 10 feeds max, and that any new coming in, it will delete the older ones (make sense right?) It's still too much....I think I'm gonna cut it down to ...6.

Sorry....I am obsessed about talking about BB stuff now

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

lol micherooo not a problem, I think we all are obsessed talking about the BB or we wouldn't visit here so much.

As for the push weather, yeah it is limited in locations and frequency of updates which is sad. But as an alternative you can either set your BB browser to your favorite weather website as the home page OR save it as the top bookmark link so you don't have to scroll far to access it.

If you need some weather site's let me know I have a few I can pass on.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    lol micherooo not a problem, I think we all are obsessed talking about the BB or we wouldn't visit here so much.

As for the push weather, yeah it is limited in locations and frequency of updates which is sad. But as an alternative you can either set your BB browser to your favorite weather website as the home page OR save it as the top bookmark link so you don't have to scroll far to access it.

If you need some weather site's let me know I have a few I can pass on.
    Weather Underground (www.wunderground.com) offers email nowcasts and forecasts, sent several times a day (i usually get one ever 4 hours during daytime hours). you can set what times you wish to receive emails from them, as well as what cities to include. it will also alert you if temperature records have been broken, including the date and temp of the previous record.

here in south bend, we just broke temperature records two days in a row.

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

http://emergencyemail.org/ This site offers free email alerts for severe weather in your area code. Almost as soon as the NWS puts out an alert, I get an email from them. It works great!