Hi I am new so Ill admit im newbie lol but I was wondering i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

insaneSNIPE no está en línea Stack level 1

How to save SMS onto media card?

Advertisement

Hi I am new so Ill admit im newbie lol but I was wondering i got the pearl 8100 from rogers unlocked and am using Fido and it's SIM card. And I added 2gb SD memory card. Now I am wondering how I can make it so the SMS all sent and inbox can be stored on the media card because their is more room. Becuase as I get to a certain limit it tells me SMS all full please delete some or something so this is what I am wondering how I could increase the limit or just make it that it stores on the media card!

Thanks for the help in advance I checked out other posts but couldn't find anything.

Haris

BigTNPapa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2402F705

Re: How to save SMS onto media card?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you can save any pics or vids from the SMS but not the text message itself.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

welcome to the stacks insane.

Your settings are probably set to save them to the SIM card. You probably don't want to do that. Since it's very limited. To turn that off you need to go to:
    Options>SMS Text>Leave Messages on SIM Card = NO

You can't actually save them to the SD card either unfortunately.

The way you can save them is

Use the save option under the menu, and this will save it to your device memory. Depending on what how many SMS you save this may fill up your memory also dependant on how many applications you have on your phone.

Or forward it as and Email to yourself and keep it in your Email (this is what I do)

Hope this helps.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

You not the only one that would want to save them on the sd card, but unfortunately we can't do that. But use the save option, if you don't have lots of apps, you can save lots of messages!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~