Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 Just buy a new back off of eBay or if you ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: How to NOT modify your battery cover (pics)

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post
    Just buy a new back off of eBay or if you go into a TMO store and say u lost urs they'll usually have one they can give you.
    I did find one from Seidio, which has a built-in speaker vent that is pretty large, so the audio is unobstructed.

I'm not concerned about it since it doesn't fall off the phone or get snagged since I don't put it in my pocket by itself, I use a holster. I plan on selling it and using the money towards a Curve (since I am having video problems on my Pearl). I'm sure the Seidio backing will help sell it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    Wow, that looks like train wreck, was there ever a point when you thought maybe, maybe this wasn't a good idea.And maybe, maybe I should STOP! LOL. By the way wire cutters DO NOT work well on plastic. LMAO Generally they work best on wire.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yes there were a few times that I told myself to just stop. First was when I was starting to poke small holes, and I told myself "this is stupid, dude, just stop" and when it escalated to using wire cutters, and the first piece busted off and hit me in the face, I told myself "dude, stop, you're going to screw this up just put it back on and forget about it". A few seconds later is when the left part broke off, and while super-gluing I told myself to "just knock it off, it's not worth it" and I finally stopped when a big crack started to form below the hole I was chipping away at (you can see the crack in the picture).

I added the pipe screen more to keep the left part on than to protect the speaker.

You DON'T want to see the under-side of the battery cover. It's a horror show.

theriddler2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EADE14

well done, another use for pipe screens! i kind of like it, well, without the glue.
    I don't know what I said, but I know what I think,
    and, well, I assume it's what I said.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

You really hacked that berry....dang!
    Glad you got another cover on the way, please stay away from it with any sharp instruments ok?
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Nice job, well if your going to get it wrong, get it wrong in style.
    And well done for posting it.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Motoho no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FFBE5C

this is very sad

krazygirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Ouch! But all is not lost, if you have t-mo or cingular, you can get on of these back covers with the speaker opening for $15. I bought one a few months ago. it's great. Check it out.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=657
    ~*krazy*~

krazygirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

LOL oops someone already recommended it. I tried....
    ~*krazy*~

blkmz3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Chicks dig scars!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

HAHAAHAHAAH! Lucky we have stores for new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by krazygirl View Post
    Ouch! But all is not lost, if you have t-mo or cingular, you can get on of these back covers with the speaker opening for $15. I bought one a few months ago. it's great. Check it out.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=657
    That's the one I ordered and its on the way.

Well since I plan on selling it, will the Seidio battery cover, with the speaker vent, help sell it? I want to sell it and use that money towards a Curve, so I don't have to bother with the video issues of the Pearl where the videos are small with 4.2.1.xxx. I've seen used Pearls go for about $200 and I hope to get it sold at that price. I will be including the phone, battery, wall charger, holster, and probably a 1 gig memory card.

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

worth $200 with the original mangled up battery cover

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtdisturbed47 View Post
    Yes there were a few times that I told myself to just stop. First was when I was starting to poke small holes, and I told myself "this is stupid, dude, just stop" and when it escalated to using wire cutters, and the first piece busted off and hit me in the face, I told myself "dude, stop, you're going to screw this up just put it back on and forget about it". A few seconds later is when the left part broke off, and while super-gluing I told myself to "just knock it off, it's not worth it" and I finally stopped when a big crack started to form below the hole I was chipping away at (you can see the crack in the picture).

I added the pipe screen more to keep the left part on than to protect the speaker.

You DON'T want to see the under-side of the battery cover. It's a horror show.
    LOL, I know how that can be. You get so deep that you keep thinking that you can turn things around and really you keep making it worse. Lmao

rsto no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by waldog View Post
    I would never even think of doing anything like that. Besides, taking off the battery cover would show you that it's not much louder uncovered vs covered.
    I think I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one, I, as well as a few friends, have actually noticed quite a difference between the cover on or off, I haven't shown anyone that hasn't noticed a difference personally, but everyone has their own opinion, just throwin in my own 2 cents, lol

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Quote Originally Posted by rsto View Post
    I think I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one, I, as well as a few friends, have actually noticed quite a difference between the cover on or off, I haven't shown anyone that hasn't noticed a difference personally, but everyone has their own opinion, just throwin in my own 2 cents, lol
    I've gotta agree, my BB sounds tons better with the battery cover off. It blocks so much sound and fidelity with it on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast