Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello, I just got a new BB Pearl yesterday. I've searched the forums for an ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

octone no está en línea Stack level 1

Question How to make incoming call pics larger?

Advertisement

Hello,

I just got a new BB Pearl yesterday. I've searched the forums for an answer to this and couldnt find one. Is it possible to make the incoming phone call picture larger? Right now its tiny and the rest of the screen is taken up by all the other text. Is there any settings to make the photo larger so i can actually see who's calling (other than reading their name )

thank you!

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Re: How to make incoming call pics larger?

I think there is a 3rd party soo that can do just that.
    I'm at work so I can't research into. Fellow stackers to the rescue? I think its a Handango app
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Hmmm...is that what that caller id app is all about???

PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Yeah I think that program makes caller Id fullscreen

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...96589&R=192281

It's almost $30 dollars. Looks like it will make the picture nice and big for ya.

PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Dang. B doza beat me to it. Thanks for finding it as well. You win a snicker- doodle cookie

PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Yeah $30 is way too much in opinion for this app though. Has anyone used it that can give positive feedback?
    I don't know why blackberry apps are so expensive. There was a multialarm I was looking at. But for $30 bucks also I reconsidered. We should petition Handango or the program writers to come down in price. I think this is maybe worth $10 max. Just my two cents

Quote Originally Posted by j llama
    Dang. B doza beat me to it. Thanks for finding it as well. You win a snicker- doodle cookie
    Mmmm... I love snicker-doodle cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by j llama
    Yeah $30 is way too much in opinion for this app though. Has anyone used it that can give positive feedback?
    I don't know why blackberry apps are so expensive. There was a multialarm I was looking at. But for $30 bucks also I reconsidered. We should petition Handango or the program writers to come down in price. I think this is maybe worth $10 max. Just my two cents
    Yeah we should talk them into lowering prices. It may even out or even make them more money because more people will want to buy and all they have to do is lower price. The app is already made. I might buy more if they weren't so expensive.
    Last edited by b_d0za; 03-29-2007 at 04:21 PM.

PIN/ID

GRRRRRRRRR Handango wont load fo rme!

PIN/ID

Is there a trial for this app? Cause that's all I am trying to find...and I can't load the darn page!

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    Is there a trial for this app? Cause that's all I am trying to find...and I can't load the darn page!
    Their site is working from my pc. And they do have a trial. You should try it out and let us know if it's any good.

PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

I'm at work so I can't download the trial. I can check the trial out in about an hour or two. If anyone beats me to it please post a mini-review on trial app

PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

got the trial
    opened the pdf and found this OTA link
    http://javatekmedia.com/downloads/phonepix.jad
    i still have yet to try the app though

PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

more from the PDF
    5.1. Step 1
    From the BlackBerry home screen, select the “Call Log” icon. Select “Options” from the menu and then click on “General Options”. There is a field called “Phone List View”. If the value of this field is “Call Log”, you must change it to any other choice.
    5.2. Step 2
    This software will replace your current BlackBerry’s phone profile settings. Click on the profile icon that comes with your BlackBerry and go to each profile’s phone settings. Set the “Out of Holster” and “In Holster” fields to “None”. If you want to use the “LED Flashing” setting under “Repeat Notification”, then leave it on.
    5.3. Step 3
    Open the PhonePix software on your BlackBerry. After the splash screen, a popup may appear stating that the application is attempting to access the phone logs. Enable “Don’t ask this again” and select “Yes”.
    5.4. Step 4
    If you use the BlackBerry phone keys (Answer and Hang-up) during incoming calls, please do the following. From the BlackBerry home screen, select the “Options” icon. Select “Security Options”, then “Application Permissions”. Scroll down to “PhonePix: Photo Caller ID” and select “Edit Permissions” from the menu. Select “Interactions” and choose “Expand” from the menu. Change “Keystroke Injection” to “Allow” and save. If the above steps are ignored, you will need to press the phone keys twice, once to remove the photo screen and once to answer/hang-up the call.
    6. Shortfalls
    • If the BlackBerry is locked and password protected, the Photo Caller ID screen will not come up. The reason for this is because of the way the BlackBerry has been designed. The custom ringtone will still work when the device is locked.
    • The Photo Caller ID screen will not come up if you are already on a call. This applies to the Call Waiting feature. This is for the same reasons as mentioned above.
    • The option to auto answer a call when taking the BlackBerry out of the holster will no longer work. The Photo Caller ID screen will still come up and you will need to dismiss the screen before your BlackBerry auto answers the call.
    • There is an issue when using a Bluetooth headset that is further discussed in “Section 14: Using a Bluetooth Headset”.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast