Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

ok wow. I have a att bb pearl, and a lexar 2 gig mem card. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jog3145 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How to: Install or Remove a MicroSD Chip

Advertisement

ok wow. I have a att bb pearl, and a lexar 2 gig mem card. Im new here and I have been having a problem with my 2 gig memory card not reading after I put a bunch of music and photos on it. I tried reformatting it and it locked the phone up. I was just trying everything I could think of and I enabled the usb to access the mem card and formatted it with windows. I created a Blackberry folder and then within that folder created a pictures folder and placed one picture.

not sure what happened but in the end the card was back to normal and the one picture I placed on the card thru windows explorer was still there.

brghtbear no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241495F9

Thanks you so very much for this!
    AL
    PIN: 20448862
    Keep living!

proanim8r no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E693F2

Pinstack ROCKS!!! My 4GB microSD card is now working flawlessly in my Pearl running .103

Thanks!!!

siciliano187 no está en línea Stack level 1

Does anbody have a spare metal micro sd slot clasp??????????? mine got lost somehow

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

If no one responds to you, you might check here:
    http://www.bbrepairshop.com/

They may have one you can order.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by siciliano187
    Does anbody have a spare metal micro sd slot clasp??????????? mine got lost somehow
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

jagooch no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Go to Options/Advanced Options/Media Card. Make sure that Media Support is set to ON. Open the Menu and select Format Card. See if that doesn't work.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    It doesn't.

amymbm no está en línea Stack level 1

HA! I feel like an idiot! I dropped my sd card right into the slot like a sim card! It worked for a while, then I had problems. Kept rechecking it, jamming the door back over it and still no luck! For weeks! Then I find this thread. LOL

garlnnd no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Bottomfeeder
    Very helpful thread. But after following everything carefully and following the instructions on the blackberrry website, I still can't get my card to work.

When I go to Options/Advanced Options/ Media Card it indicates states: "A media card is not presently inserted in the device."

I have tried to take the card out and put it back in, but it still does not recognize that there is a card in there.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Did you ever fix your problem? I'm having the same...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Thanks for the instructions. I finally got a 2 GB card (which I am using in a different device) and installed it on the Pearl just to see if I could follow the directions. After fighting for a few minutes to get the MicroSD card door to close, I finally got it. I was going to use the MicroSD card I have now until I get another one but when I went to format it, it prompted me that all my music was gonna be erased. LOL I worked too hard to get the 100 songs on it that I have now.

My next step will be to get a 6 GB micro SD card, install it in the Pearl and format it BEFORE I load music to it.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 10-26-2007 at 04:30 PM.

shwingin23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey, you have the same Micro SD chip as me

TorredBB no está en línea Stack level 1

THANK YOU! San Fran....I'm a new blackberry user and i've learned a bit from stackers like yourself thats why this site is as great as it is because of helpful people like yourself. Thanks again!

Sparky1254 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Nuts!! I waisted 4,.. Yes 4,.. Micro SD 2Gig chips before running into this clearly explicit display. Darn shame I hadn't seen this before. Rediculious Owners manual does NOT give pictorials with the details here which show beyond any shadow of a doubt how it goes in. Cudos,.. This one needs to be in the Blackberry Pearl 8100's manual. Very Many Thanks!

Sparky1254 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

As previously stated,.. " Waisted 4,..Yes 4 2Gig SD's" before running into this,... even one of the corporate store employees couldn't do it without breaking 1. It just doesn't go in like a SIM,... it took her inquirey from another employee who owns a Pearl 8100 who by chance had a 2Gig in his own which he showed us.,... sheesh,.... she and I both felt like dummbys. Now,.. if somebody could just tell me what the complete and correct installation/setup is,..ie,.. menu click pulls up " install card" or something similar,.. and appears to do nothing,.. then format,.. failed formatting media,.... what's that one too. Helllppp! Please! Anybody that knows what this is, any input is more than i have right now.

dlmilli no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by garlnnd View Post
    Did you ever fix your problem? I'm having the same...
    In response to the problem of "no media card is inserted" when it is... I read all the forums, checked Blackberry's site, everything, and nothing worked. I was only able to solve this problem by buying a new card and returning the old. Turns out the old one was fried. As soon as I installed the new card (both old and new were sandisk 4gb) my device recognized it. So hopefully you are still within the return policy.

Good luck.

kingkyle_2005 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: How to: Install or Remove a MicroSD Chip

info worked great, now i dont have to look dumb asking a friend...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast