Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by shelley28 this is what happened: it prompted "warning formatting the media card ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

Re: How to: Install or Remove a MicroSD Chip

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by shelley28

this is what happened: it prompted "warning formatting the media card will destroy any data stored on it. do you wish to you continue?"

then it freezes!!! am forced to remove the battery to make it work again... aaaarrrrrrrrhhhhhhh what do you guys think is the problem?
    Not sure why everyone is saying that you have to format the card to get it to work. I put mine in and it worked with no problem. I did have to turn on Media Card Support in Options>advanced Options>media card but other than that there was nothing else I had to do.

As someone else said ealier, not sure why you all are having so many problems getting this to work?

What type of card are you using? I've heard that there are some website who will sell dummy cards....when in doubt always buy from a reputible source.

Just my .02,
    BRZ

Dennisdgd no está en línea Stack level 1

I just bought a pearl a few days ago and i couldnt get my card working, which brought me to this website. I installed the card the right way but when my phone turned on, i got the same msg that there was no card installed.

What i did was change my settings to this:
    media card support is on.
    Mass Storage Mode support is ON.
    mass storage when connected is ON

and instead of using the end call button to power down, i went into the applications menu and selected the power down button which gives you 2 opitions, Turn off and Full power down. I did the Full power off, took out the chip, put it back, and now it works fine.

Hope this helps.

Dennisdgd

goldfish524 no está en línea Stack level 1

omg you rock!!! that totally WORKEd!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I will be coming back to this thread soon as I need to get a MicroSD card for my Pearl.

Anthonyx66 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask4it

Good Sanfran sure will help others that almost broke that damn latch i didnt notice i had to insert the mini chip onto the latch i just dropped it in LMAO haaa haa.. but hey its working fine now ,,, have it as mass storage and im using that little trick posted here to transfer the audio to my bluetooth headphones,,, im going to get a cable 2.5 to 2.5 because the audio does not sound good

chilenocesar no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the info! I just got a new SD for the BB thanks a lot!

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonyx66
    Good Sanfran sure will help others that almost broke that damn latch i didnt notice i had to insert the mini chip onto the latch i just dropped it in LMAO haaa haa.. but hey its working fine now ,,, have it as mass storage and im using that little trick posted here to transfer the audio to my bluetooth headphones,,, im going to get a cable 2.5 to 2.5 because the audio does not sound good
    If we took a poll here and honostly saw how many people just dropped the card in and then had problems shutting the door, I'm assuming it would be a huge number. Glad I haven't heard of anyone actually breaking the latch or the SD card before figuring out!

crammerjam no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: How to: Install or Remove a MicroSD Chip

Quote Originally Posted by shelley28

this is what happened: it prompted "warning formatting the media card will destroy any data stored on it. do you wish to you continue?"

then it freezes!!! am forced to remove the battery to make it work again... aaaarrrrrrrrhhhhhhh what do you guys think is the problem?
    I am having this same issue and it is racking my brain. I've just upgraded to the .71 OS and have a 2GB card from Patriot.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

crammerjam welcome to the stacks, still need help on this?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Rhiannon~ no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by SWT6
    For the install instructions see the top of the thread by Sanfrancisco, detailed and east to follow.

Once installed select your media icon.
    You should see four pictures Music, Video, Ringtones, Pictures.
    Click on one of these, let's say Music.
    You will see a list that says Up, Media Card, and Preloaded Media.
    Click on Media Card
    Now press the Menu button and scroll down to New Folder.
    Rename it Music and save.
    Connect to your Blackberry Desktop Manager via the USB cable.
    Now just drag and drop your music files onto the Music folder in the media card.

Cheers
    Ok, so I did as you said and when I get to the part where it should say media card or preloaded, I only have preloaded. How come it is not recognizing that I have a media card in? That must be why im having all the troubel I am having!!

a13579a no está en línea Stack level 2

This is nice to know, cause when I get my 2gb card I was gonna place it in like it was the SIM card. thank got i came here first. i would have been very angry

gdcterp no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: How to: Install or Remove a MicroSD Chip

Hey all! I am new, but I'm having trouble with my SD for my Pearl. My Pearl is about 3 weeks old now, so it shouldnt be anything wrong with the phone.

Media Card support is ON
    Mass storage: ON
    Auto Enable when connected: ON

I'm getting a message that says: "Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formated."

So I hit menu key, click "Format Card" and after about 30 seconds it says, "Media card format failed"

Help! T-mobile suggested I format the card in one of those "do-it-yourself" photo cmachiens at Walmart or Walgreens. Tried that...didnt work.

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

Quote Originally Posted by gdcterp
    Hey all! I am new, but I'm having trouble with my SD for my Pearl. My Pearl is about 3 weeks old now, so it shouldnt be anything wrong with the phone.

Media Card support is ON
    Mass storage: ON
    Auto Enable when connected: ON

I'm getting a message that says: "Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formated."

So I hit menu key, click "Format Card" and after about 30 seconds it says, "Media card format failed"

Help! T-mobile suggested I format the card in one of those "do-it-yourself" photo cmachiens at Walmart or Walgreens. Tried that...didnt work.
    It might be that you have a "bum" card. I would try reading it in another device. If you can read it in something other than your BB you can verify that it is not a problem with the card. If you can't read it then logic says that you have a problem with the card.

BRZ

interferon18 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Installing or Removing a MicroSD Chip

hi Frisco,
    Have instaled my microsd card but cant excess it.I have couple of songs and few fotos into it even shows the info that some MBs of my card has been used...but when i click into the media card nothing displays.the songe were in form of itunes whihc i have in my notebook and images are all jpegs.do u think ineed to do change them into some other style or there is something wrong in my installing the microsd card.
    cheers

PowerHouse no está en línea Stack level 1

my phone doesnt format it says MEDIA CARD FORMAT FAILED...wats the next step? My card is a 1G Kingston Microsd card. Someone plz help!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast