I just bought my battery latch but im not entirely sure how to install it, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kophia no está en línea Stack level 1

[HELP]How to install battery latch

Advertisement

I just bought my battery latch but im not entirely sure how to install it, i had it on there but the spring doesnt go down far enough and it shoots the lock back off. i looked on google for some instructions but found nothing. im not sure where to put the spring,

any help?
    thanks
    Last edited by kophia; 04-01-2008 at 06:29 PM. Reason: changed title

dekay no está en línea Stack level 2
    Did you already try to hammer it in?

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I need help too. It's not as easy as it looks to install. I bought a replacement latch on ebay. Got it today. Tried to install it and the spring shot across the room. I lost the dang spring. Oh well. I'll ask the seller for a replacement spring. I am sure he will take care of me.

kophia no está en línea Stack level 1
    I got instructions on how to do it, I think the spring is too big because it just pushes the latch back off, and it always makes one side pop out when i put the door back on.

walds11:
    Quote Originally Posted by Instructions for Latch
    Remove the battery cover from the pearl
    Place the spring on the center pin of the latch.

Hold the latch and spring so that the pin and spring are horizontal

Hold the phone next to the latch and press the spring against it to hold the spring on the latch.

Gently press the latch into the recess on the phone so that you can make sure that the latch lines up properly.

Once you have the assembly lined up correctly with all three pins starting onto the holes, lay the phone face down on a cushioned firm surface, like a counter with a towel on it while keeping the pins of the latch in the holes on the phone. Agan make sure that all the pins of the latch are IN the holes. Then gently press down on the latch till it seems you have hit bottom. See if the latch stays in by gently releasing pressure. If it starts to pop out, you didn’t press hard enough to seat it. Push harder. Try again until the latch stays in place. You will NOT feel a definitive click or anything.

You have to push surprisingly hard to get the latch to seat.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I have the same instructions. We must of bought it from the same ebay seller. I lost my spring. The seller is sending me a new one free of charge. It is not easy to install.

Quote Originally Posted by kophia View Post
    I got instructions on how to do it, I think the spring is too big because it just pushes the latch back off, and it always makes one side pop out when i put the door back on.

walds11: