Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

on a Pearl with AT&T service? I've read where some are using it but I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

backdoc no está en línea Stack level 2

How to Get Mapquest Navigator .......

Advertisement

on a Pearl with AT&T service? I've read where some are using it but I can't download it from the site as it only lists sprint or nextel service.

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c

Re: How to Get Mapquest Navigator .......

do a search on here. I've got it but in all honesty i cannot remember how i got it. I know i got the directions for it on here... i'll look too and if i find anything i'll let you know
    SMO ;-)

PIN/ID
    248B113c

ok try this link...
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._thoughts.html

Particularly this post...

That is the one I have. My fav program is mapquest navigator. It gives audible turn by turn and updates very quickly. But it was very iffy when it came to connecting to the Holux. I did not know there is a GPS Data Source under phone options>advanced options>gps. After I found this and changed "none" to "holux GPSslim 236" everything works great. Google mapquest navigator and select sprint as the carrier and then the 71xx phone and it will work and with no charge(at least none yet).

let me know if this works... if not I will keep looking for the post i used to get mapquest nav on my pearl
    SMO ;-)

jmarley no está en línea Stack level 2

what about nav4all? anyone know anything in particular about that? free? turn by turn audible directions?

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by backdoc
    on a Pearl with AT&T service? I've read where some are using it but I can't download it from the site as it only lists sprint or nextel service.
    go to mapquest and select sprint, then blackberry 7130e (even though you have pearl and at&t), enter you phone number and it will send an sms to your phone with the OTA install link. seems to work and install just fine. Guess they just need to update their site to show that it's compatible with other carriers and blackberries.

PIN/ID
    248B113c

Hey thanks for that! I did it quite awhile ago and couldn't remember how. You rock!
    ~via my BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks guys, I will give it a try today!

is the one you guys downloaded fitted to the screen on there? i downloaded one for the 8703e and the program is too big for my screen size.

this is a little off topic, but how would i remove a program i installed OTA such as mapquest navigator and google maps? it doesn't show up on my desktop manager so im not sure how to remove it..thanks!

1:Read post #5 above ^^ the 8703 has a bigger screen that's why you select 7130.

2:Options->Advanced options->Applications->highlight application, hit the menu key and select delete.

veryberry thank you verymuch. i thought that was probably why i download a different version of the BB. i used it with the wrong sized screen today and its so sweet. ETA, speed, voice, and for free. gotta love it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarley
    veryberry thank you verymuch. i thought that was probably why i download a different version of the BB. i used it with the wrong sized screen today and its so sweet. ETA, speed, voice, and for free. gotta love it.
    Sure thing

Ok. I got the mapquest to load and used it on Wednesday morning and it paired right up w/ the holux 240 and worked great. Unfortunately, when I went to use it at night and every time since then it says it can't find me due to poor sat signal? Odd thing is that google maps has no trouble finding me right away.

Any ideas, advice?

ratm68 no está en línea Stack level 1

i have the same problem with my 240 as well. I tried a method of turning bluetooth on and off and turning the phone on/off (not reset) and it works. It's a pain in the neck to go through this each time.

I tried the Advance Option route but in GPS, i don't see anything and don't have the option to do anything. Do I need to have the GPS turned on?

Yep, same thing with GPS option on mine. On/off technique not working either.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling MQ Nav and still no sat aquisition. I dont know why it worked initially but wont link up again.
    Last edited by backdoc; 07-19-2007 at 10:41 PM.

Alrighty then... tried battery pull after deleting Mapquest entirely. Reloaded as stated above with selecting sprint and 71xx phone, got the text and loaded. Tried every turn on/off, pair, allow, face east/west and hop on one leg while spinning counter clockwise trick I could find and...............

no sattelite connection. The holux works with google maps even when inside but not MapQuest.
    I saved the DL page to favorites and when I return to it this is what I see:
    http://navigator.mapquest.com/mqota/thankyou.jsp

Evidently MapQuest caught on and doesn't like AT&T.

Well, at least for now, mama AT&T lets me use google maps withought paying extra for GPS. I cant even get the Holux 240 to work with TelNav, you have to buy the GPS unit from AT&T then pay for service each month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast