I know how to switch from sure type to multi tap in apps such as ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bridger no está en línea Stack level 2

how to find names in phone book

Advertisement

I know how to switch from sure type to multi tap in apps such as notes etc. I keep my pearl in sure type all the time, however when I go to my phone book and try to find a name by typing the first few characters of the name, I find that because I am in Sure Type, I get weird names in the list. Is there an easy way to switch to multi tap while in the phone book list, it's not on the quick menu when in this app?

tonyr38663 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20CF2EAF
    I dont believe u can do that. You should only get the names in ur address book as u press the letters in the person's name.

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyr38663 View Post
    I dont believe u can do that. You should only get the names in ur address book as u press the letters in the person's name.
    Yup that's exactly what it should do. Even if what it displays you typing is completely off it will display any and all names that fit those keys regardless of what letters it decides you put in.

I don't quite follow. Suppose I have a name Pollard in my list, when I shop my list and hit the "OP" button, it takes me to the Os in my list, there is no way to go to the Ps. If I have a Roberts in my list and hit the "ER" key, it takes me to the E's but I can't get to the Rs. Is there no way to type in "ROB" to go to the Roberts entry?

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well something is obviously not working right on your phone, because by default the address book will bring up all names for both letters of what you pressed. When I press the TY key I get all names that start with a T or a Y. What type of 3rd party apps do you have installed? There may be something causing problems.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    I have always just hit the send button and typed the name.

It seems a lot easier than scrolling all the way into the phone book and searching for it.

If youre looking for Roberts for instance...you would type eR-Op-Bn-Er-eR-Ty-aS

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    What happens if you hit the send key and then type the name? Does the name you're looking for show up in the list?

LanceInPants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D427F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~mine has always narrowed it down to the corresponding letter(s) of the key I press matching the first letter of the first and last name of the people in my address book.
    Like if I hit "OP" it will list (made up names for example) John Olson, Paul Jones, etc.

I'm with Rogers, which may explain everything. When I hit and hold send button, I get the list of all the names. If I then hit the :OP button, it takes me to the portion of the list starting with :O:. If I then hit the "AS" and "UI" buttons to bring up "Paul..." it says "Npo Addresses
    and gives me none of the names, even though the list has several Pauls in it as first names. Any Ideas?