Hey guys, I kinda have a situation. I bought an unlocked t-mobile 8100 but I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

moslikk no está en línea Stack level 1

How to enable MMS on unlocked phone

Advertisement

Hey guys, I kinda have a situation. I bought an unlocked t-mobile 8100 but I have my ATT sim card in it. Today I upgraded to have data internet use so I can send and recieve MMS. The only problem is I can't find how to do it on the t-mobile phone. I ended up going to ATT and looked at the help guides, but nowhere on my phone I can find MMS enable or anything. I would deeply appreciate it if someone could help me with this problem.

Also If I have a t-mobile phone unlocked with ATT sim, what software download should I install on my phone, ATT or T-mobile?

Thanx,

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Hi Moslikk< You need the Service books form AT&T, do you have a data plan with them? if you don't you neeed one to get the Service books. Also on TMO the MMS uses a portion of the Data NW, it wasn't till last quarter of last year that you could do MMS for free on a BB on TMO. ( Other then Standard MMS charges)

THe SW for the hand set is not as critical, I have used TIM Italy Software, And Cingular Software on My TMO Pearl. SO it is up to you.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8
    If you dont have the service books and you are using a 8100 on AT&T I have the service books on my phone. If you would like to try my books then drop me a line on private message with your email addy. I'll send a backup of my service books to you.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Since they have the service books issue covered...make sure you send yourself a picture TWICE before sending to other people.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

I sent you a pm kolosus but I forgot to include my email. Now it's not letting me send you another one because I don't have 10 post, so I'll just put it here.

mostyle19@gmail.com

thanx again

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by kolosus View Post
    If you dont have the service books and you are using a 8100 on AT&T I have the service books on my phone. If you would like to try my books then drop me a line on private message with your email addy. I'll send a backup of my service books to you.
    Since he has a data plan there is no need. He can send his own.

I don't have a data plan, I am just able to use data if needed, so basically it cost nothing unless I actually surf the net. I just don't have an option that says "send MMS text" or anything like that =/

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Well then if you don't have a Blackberry Plan then there is no way you can send yourself the Service books.

You can get them from where ever, but if you loose them you're going to have to go search for them all over again.

knightberlin no está en línea Stack level 2
    Aren't service books unique to every sim card/phone?

I tried switching sim cards from two different 8100's and send myself the service books then switch back the sim card/phone. After a while the service books revert back to the original numbers!

PIN/ID
    STACK
    They are unique to your account. Depending on the services of your carrier and the provisions that are tied to your account every one will have it a bit different. Especially if you have different carriers.

There isn't really any point in loading some one else's books, since at anytime your books could go missing and then you're SOL and searching for them again. While if you have a data plan, you can just sign into your BIS account and send them.