i have the 8100 and am a very newbie to the whole BB thing. so ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jennkent5454 no está en línea Stack level 1

how to download video clips from the web

Advertisement

i have the 8100 and am a very newbie to the whole BB thing. so i have searched all over for a way to download a video clip from a website on BB or an email attachment that is a video clip. i always get the error HTTP error 413 request entity too large. i can put several full length DVDs on my phone but cant D/L a 10 sec video clip?

schmunger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317d7c77

Re: how to download video clips from the web

There's not a program that I know of that allows you to stream videos on the web. Only way so far is to download them to your PC and then use the popular video converter ( thread located on first page for the 8100 discussions ) and transferring it to your BB. There are some sites that allows you to download them on your phone and then watching it w/o the presense of PC but not the best quality. Try tinytube.com (or .net)...its like a youtube for mobile but videos are limited. Movy.tv (only one I know so far pretty close to streaming), phonevidz.com and blip.tv and mojoflix.com works on my phone to an extent so you can give those a try.

glenbrgss no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218EFC5B

I don't know if this web site is on another thread, but www.VideoRonk.com is a website I came upon today. You can download hundreds of videos from you tube, google video, my space, vpod, and more. Of course you have to save to your pc and convert to avi with whatever converter you use, and then dl to pearl. Certain videos are for "view only", but there are plenty that are available for download. This is the first website where I was able to download a full music video to my phone without any problems. Hope this helps!!

jennkent5454 no está en línea Stack level 1

i purchased the blackberry video generator awhile back, but i am more concerned about d/l an attachment from email without having to run to a computer to view it, isnt this the reason for the pearl? and on occasion i run across a funny video and want to show people at work and cant.