hey, im returning my pearl, and i was just deleting things, and couldnt figure out ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

soufpac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    \P

How To delete a email account?

Advertisement

hey, im returning my pearl, and i was just deleting things, and couldnt figure out how to delete my email account . I had another question also, is there a way to reset everything? thanks.

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Re: How To delete a email account?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Two ways to delete an email account: 1) Login to your carrier's BIS site, and select "Email Accts". 2) Click on the "Setup Personal Email" icon on your BB's homescreen. That will take you to the mobile version of your BIS account. To completely erase all info, and restore to factory settings, you can use JL_Cmder to "wipw" the device. You'll then need to reinstall your carrier's OS.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

There are a couple ways to wipe your device. Plug your BB into Desktop Manager and select Backup/Restore, then click advanced. In there you can clear all databases and it will clear all your info.

You could also go into your security settings and select wipe handheld.

Neither of these options requires JL_Cmdr or reinstalling the OS. That method is a PITA last resort, especially just to return the device.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

The "Backup/Restore" method does not actually wipe anything. It's like when you delete something from your PC's hard drive. The information is still there, it just doesn't show up like normal. All you're doing is making that space writable. I'm not positive (because I haven't checked), but I'd be willing to bet that the same goes for the "Wipe Handheld" method.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by russcrypto
    but I'd be willing to bet that the same goes for the "Wipe Handheld" method.
    Wipe handheld removes everything in the contacts database and message folders, restore all other settings to factory defaults. Does not remove 3rd party apps. More than enough for a return/exchange or Ebay sale.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

johnio no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f77784

How about deleting a push acct via BB?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by johnio
    How about deleting a push acct via BB?
    go into set up internet email, email accounts, and delete the account you would like to.