Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I'm just wondering how often you get a new phone. It seems like people are ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

b0ldfacelies no está en línea Stack level 2

How often do you guys get a new phone?

Advertisement

I'm just wondering how often you get a new phone. It seems like people are saying they are going to be getting all these new phones as soon as they come out. Also if you buy phones without the two year contract don't you end up paying around $400 for the phone? Or is there some place to get them for cheaper without the plan?

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: How often do you guys get a new phone?

I get new phones as they come out, I have a 500$ a month gadget budget(have to limit myself or id have like 10 digi cam's and all sorts of crap). if I dont qualify for any sort of discount or contract extension ill just buy it full price.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I normally get a new phone when my contract is up.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gkatmar no está en línea Stack level 2

I usually just sell my old phone on Ebay and buy a new one.

325inewbie no está en línea Stack level 3

yeah, selling an old phone on ebay can def help absorb some of the new phone cost!

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Im kinda like dfc420. I just get them as they come out. But I don't buy phones! I buy Blackberrys!

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

if i really like a phone or bb i will just buy it on ebay or sell some other useless stuff i have around the house to pay for a new phone . . i mean bb
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Before i wasn't really a phone addict.. until i got my first bb (8700g). I will get this new bb 8800 when it comes out. And since I got tmobile, I can upgrade anytime I want .

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I get a new Phone or Blackberry now, when I find something I just can't live without in the new version, that is not available or won't be available in the old on with an OS Upgrade. If and When a qwerty BB with UMTS capability comes out I will probably be one of the first to buy, unless the 8700 will be upgradable with the OS upgrade. I won't buy one just for a roller ball!

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I buy each new phone as they come out, selling my previous to make up the money.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

I used to pay full price for phones if I did not qualify for an upgrade price.

When I always had to have the latest and greatest when the phone/PDA/BB came out, I was paying $300 to $600 for them:cry:

Often times I was shelling out big dollars simply because "back then" the "gee whiz" technology was simply small size, then went to color displays, then some styling and form factor changes, then PDA functions, then to built-in cameras, to what we have now [all these things are in even the cheapest phones, say $100 or more].

With eBay and the technology costing less and less, I now won't change phones until I qualify for an upgrade price, which for T-Mo is every 11 months.

It's not a perfect plan, inasmuch as when new models come out, older models might not sell for more than chump change. E.g., I have two 7100t's. I am keeping one as a spare emergency phone [since I do not have a home land line. I lose my phone, I have the 7100 that I can activate] Giving the other 7100 to a friend.

I can recall when the 7100 came out it cost $250. Now, I don't think one could get more than $50 on eBay. I know because when looking for a backup phone I got one 7100t for $25 and the other for $40. Both work perfect and one came almost new in the box.

Hopefully my 8100 will be worth at least $100 11 months from now so I can sell it on eBay if something new shows up that I just have to have.

b0ldfacelies no está en línea Stack level 2

On amazon right now they have special rebates and stuff and I got mine for $50 (bought it last night).

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    I used to pay full price for phones if I did not qualify for an upgrade price.

When I always had to have the latest and greatest when the phone/PDA/BB came out, I was paying $300 to $600 for them:cry:

Often times I was shelling out big dollars simply because "back then" the "gee whiz" technology was simply small size, then went to color displays, then some styling and form factor changes, then PDA functions, then to built-in cameras, to what we have now [all these things are in even the cheapest phones, say $100 or more].

With eBay and the technology costing less and less, I now won't change phones until I qualify for an upgrade price, which for T-Mo is every 11 months.

It's not a perfect plan, inasmuch as when new models come out, older models might not sell for more than chump change. E.g., I have two 7100t's. I am keeping one as a spare emergency phone [since I do not have a home land line. I lose my phone, I have the 7100 that I can activate] Giving the other 7100 to a friend.

I can recall when the 7100 came out it cost $250. Now, I don't think one could get more than $50 on eBay. I know because when looking for a backup phone I got one 7100t for $25 and the other for $40. Both work perfect and one came almost new in the box.

Hopefully my 8100 will be worth at least $100 11 months from now so I can sell it on eBay if something new shows up that I just have to have.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by b0ldfacelies
    On amazon right now they have special rebates and stuff and I got mine for $50 (bought it last night).
    Are you talking about the 7100?

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i spend so much money for early termination fees. First from cingular to verizon because of the rzar phone $180 then from verizon to tmobile $175 (no regret on this one coz I got the 8700g) but I think I'm stickin with tmobile for a while.

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

I rarely change phones. When I do, its for a good reason. My 7100i is my first bb and I got it back in March after having my previous phone about 5 years. I want the Pearl because its everything I want in a bb. I won't say that I definitely won't want something new in another year, but its hard for me to imagine.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast