View Poll Results: How much internal memory is FREE on your Pearl?

Voters
414. Register free to vote on this poll
  • 65MB - 55MB

30 7.25%
  • 54MB - 45MB

6 1.45%
  • 44MB - 35MB

26 6.28%
  • 34MB - 30MB

49 11.84%
  • 29MB - 25MB

64 15.46%
  • 24MB- 20MB

80 19.32%
  • 19MB - 15MB

56 13.53%
  • 14MB - 10MB

45 10.87%
  • 9MB or less

58 14.01%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Originally Posted by wxboss Unforutnately, themes can not be put on an SD card. So ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sadie84 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: How much internal memory do you have available on your Pearl?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by wxboss View Post
    Unforutnately, themes can not be put on an SD card. So you'd have to delete them using the Javaloader app which Hayden has a link to earlier in the thread.

To delete unneeded languages, go to Options > Advanced > Applications, then highlight the language you don't want, hit your BB key (the key to the left of the trackball) and select Delete. That will help free up some memory

yeah, so i followed those steps but "Languages" wasn't listed..

Besides languages and password keeper, what else should be deleted?
    Last edited by sadie84; 12-12-2007 at 08:30 AM.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by sadie84 View Post
    yeah, so i followed those steps but "Languages" wasn't listed..

Besides languages and password keeper, what else should be deleted?
    BB sample video and any application you do not use. 4.2 system software and 4.2 core applications, Browser, Phone all cannot be deleted. Aside from those i have BB attachment service, BB maps, and BB messanger.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 12-12-2007 at 11:34 AM.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Before deleting all the Languages I had about 9MB, now I have 26MB. I have a ton of games and other applications, so I'm happy with that for now.
    ~Lauren

lorochka no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    The languages just take up space if you do not use them. Back up your info to a PC prior to deleting and you will have nothing to worry about.
    Thank you for the answer.
    The link for the java applet is strange, still cannot find the program. Could you please post it again? I try to keep my BB as clean as possible, but usually i am around 12 mb free, so I am ready for the languages killing.

Stellina no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

So what does BB Attachment Service actually do, and how much space will I free up by deleting it if I can? I've got anywhere from 26-22 megs free, depending on various factors, but would like to get up to 30 just to be on the safe side.

jd885 no está en línea Stack level 3

I have around 21MB... ive got tons of games but i have deleted the other languages and the other things i dont use

sugardad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ef283

I have around 20MB free
    I got many themes (over 20)
    Some Apps (About 7)
    I have already deleted the Unwanted themes, apps and languages I do not use

metabolic no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: How much internal memory do you have available on your Pearl?

I have 18 megs, after deleting the un-needed languages, but I would like more room for new apps and data.

I have the Pearl 8130 (verizon). I have reviewed some pinstack threads but have 2 problems:

1) Can't find the directory mentioned many times: "/program files/common files/research in motion/shared". Is this is supposed to exist in the current release for verizon (version 4.3)?

2) The link that Spamdumpster posted to download "javaloader.exe" is broken. I can't past it here because I don't have Pinstack security privileges yet. However, the entry was a year old so I wonder: Is the procedures safe for version 4.3?

If anyone can update these technical issues for the current Verizon Pearl, it would be a enormously appreciated!

tj2311111 Guest

My BB 8100 is cleaned up pretty well I have over 9+ 3rd party apps, 1 3rd party theme, and 8 Pictures (about 65KBs each) and still have 28MBs free with a restart. With heavy use at the end of the day I'm at about 20-22Mb's free. I feel 20MBs is a crucial amount of free space for me to have, it ensures your absolutely safe from any memory leak or etc.

Edit: I'm curious how some of you guys got 45+MB's free. Thats not possible unless you have absolutely nothing on the phone.
    Last edited by tj2311111; 12-27-2007 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
    My BB 8100 is cleaned up pretty well I have over 9+ 3rd party apps, 1 3rd party theme, and 8 Pictures (about 65KBs each) and still have 28MBs free with a restart. With heavy use at the end of the day I'm at about 20-22Mb's free. I feel 20MBs is a crucial amount of free space for me to have, it ensures your absolutely safe from any memory leak or etc.

Edit: I'm curious how some of you guys got 45+MB's free. Thats not possible unless you have absolutely nothing on the phone.
    You can get rid of a lot of things in the OS to free up memory. This thread and others will help with it.

tj2311111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    You can get rid of a lot of things in the OS to free up memory. This thread and others will help with it.

That and other methods are how I got my 28Mbs of free memory with all the stuff I have. But that wont get you 45+MBs like some people are getting. Thats why I'm so curious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
    That and other methods are how I got my 28Mbs of free memory with all the stuff I have. But that wont get you 45+MBs like some people are getting. Thats why I'm so curious about it.
    To get That much memory you need to more then likely mod the ALX file. I have 40 MB availible on the 8100 and all i removed was some non essential apps and the embedded media.

blaqbuttafli no está en línea Stack level 2

How DO i check the memory that i have left on the pearl. I want to know what i've used.

sadie84 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask

Go to:

Menu
    Options
    Status

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

Mine up and down from 19 to 14. What I normally do to gain more space is by deleting less-used apps, cleaning memory, clear up call logs,deleting unwanted emails, sms and sms and once in a while resetting my device.There was one time I was left with a mere 10mb yet my curve didn't experienced any unpleasant issues.Whatever it is, more space better. Hopefully future bb will be equiped with more than 64mb. Say, 124mb would be sweet ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast