Hi everyone. Today is my first day with the Pearl on Verizon. This is my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

vandom no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile How do I make only the numbers in my contact list "ring" my phone?

Advertisement

Hi everyone. Today is my first day with the Pearl on Verizon. This is my first Blackberry device and I am reading the faqs and guides to get caught up. My question is how can I make the contacts in my phone be the only phone numbers that ring my phone? On my phone before this I disabled the ringer on my phone so that numbers that weren't in my contact list (i.e. unknown, restricted, or numbers I didn't know) wouldn't ring my phone. I had to then manually assign ringtones to the numbers in contact list, but it was worth it because I wasn't checking my phone on numbers I wasn't going to pick up. Does anyone know of a way to do this or something similar on the Pearl?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: How do I make only the numbers in my contact list "ring" my phone?

There's a couple ways you can do this.

You can make your default ringtone silent and then assign custom ringtones for your contacts.

or

You can make your own profile and customize it to your liking.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_issues.html

Check out that thread #3 about assigning ringtones.

Thank you for the reply but I am such a noob I don't understand how to do this. Is there a faq I can be pointed to that has details about how to go about this? I go to the profiles and I am not clear on what I should set so I can do what I want to do. Do I set my phone under out of holster to none? And if that is what I do, how do I individually set the ring tones to my contacts? I can't find an option to modify my contacts?

Ok. i figured how to modify the ringtones. Now I just need to find some good ringtones.

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

I use www.ldmstudio.com/mp-3ringtones from the blackberry then you choose funny rock hip hop whatever you like and download ota to your blackberry also try www.tuneusin.com or www.blackberrymp3s.com there are also several sites posted in the multimedia section of pinstack.