After struggling to get my unlocked Blackberry 8220 working on AT&T I thought this might ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb How to make email and MMS work on the 8220 with AT&T.

Advertisement

After struggling to get my unlocked Blackberry 8220 working on AT&T I thought this might be helpful.

How to make email and MMS work on the 8220 with AT&T.

Your Blackberry 8220 needs to be unlocked, have an AT&T SIM, AND you MUST have a Blackberry data plan.

Change the TCP setting to AT&T’s settings; Options>Advanced Options>TCP

APN: wap.cingular
    user name for APN: WAP.CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    (use caps as shown)

Update your BIS account at, http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular with the 8220 Flipberry PIN and IMEI.

Setup Wizard only allow the option to setup BES email, which I don't have, The Email Setup icon is also missing, Not found in any of the folders.

SO you need to setup emails from your BIS account. After this is done move on to the next step.

Finally
    From your BIS account web page click "Send Service Books" and the ability to send/receive emails and the service books for MMS will be installed on your Flipberry.

I still can't setup emails for BIS on the Flipberry, but this is a viable workaround. MMS works great for me after doing all of the above.
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

smartmouth no está en línea Stack level 2
    tried all this and still cannot send mms....everything else works fine

Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by smartmouth View Post
    tried all this and still cannot send mms....everything else works fine
    I have setup 2 flipberrys this way and both have full functions including MMS.
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

katrelle no está en línea Stack level 2
    Try using the .222 OS. I do not have a data plan and yet when I installed this OS, several service books appeared. I also have found step by step instructions on adding certain service books for AT&T. However, I need to be a level 2 stack level before I can post links. LOL, so. . . as soon as that happens I will gladly share.

smartmouth no está en línea Stack level 2
    i found out that my account does not allow for MMS...........and thats why mine never work...

katrelle no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Service Books

You can manually install service books. I have the AT&T service books. I will gladly share with all. I have attached the information in a word document. I will post it in my AT&T service books thread.
    Last edited by katrelle; 03-31-2009 at 08:43 PM.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    My son is using my 8220 with no data plan... Is there any way to make MMS work without signing into a BIS and sending the service books? Unfortunately he is living in a different state so I can't even try adding service books via computer to his BB as a trial. If someone knows that this will solve the problem without a data plan, then I'll figure out a way to get his BB for a bit. Thanks!