Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How long does your pearls battery last? Mines about 2-3 days with normal use like ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

How long does your pearls battery last?

Advertisement

How long does your pearls battery last? Mines about 2-3 days with normal use like call text internet and IMs. Pls pin your answers and post it here. Thanks

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Re: How long does your pearls battery last?

All depends on howmuch you use it. If you have bluetooth on all day it drains much faster, also if you play alot of games and use your backlight to full length. Lots of things have a big impact on battery life.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

bready no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2446C5F4

Around 2 days I guess. I charge it every night so I can't know for sure. It is definately last longer than my 7100.

BReady
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Vinny78 no está en línea Stack level 1

I average about the same 2 days maybe 3. If I use the media player it seems to drain quickly! I also found turning the backlight down increased battery life.

PIN/ID
    PM

cool. i was thinking about swapping the battery.. but then because of you guys, it figures that its just normal..

PIN/ID
    PM

i also figured out that when you dont close your browser properly it takes more battery. i think even the IM.

mythmbhurts no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D7C8C

Applications running all the time is the main drain on the battery. The phone app takes up the most juice period being on a phone call will suck your battery dry in no time. Media playing is next on the list but not as bad as a phone call. Also IM apps such as yak-on and IM+ take a lot of juice from the BB The emails and web dont take that much juice but again depends on how much you use it.... Charging once a day is about the norm for med-heavy use...
    PIN:204D7C8C http://forums.delphiforums.com/Blackberrytalk
    AIM:Austinsnyc
    Yahoo:Whips_n_licks@yahoo.com
    "8100" 4.2.0.64

PIN/ID
    PM

How often you charge yours mythmbhurts?

X Factor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204AEE68

I never really let mine go under half way and I really only charge it at night, if I forget at night, in my car while i'm commuting. I just my mp3 player constanly while i'm out and about and it doesn't seem to hurt battery life too much. The IM service on the other hand drains it extremely fast. If you leave the IM on you get about 8 hours of life or so, from my observations.

mythmbhurts no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D7C8C

I charge mine every chance i get. I have a little fetish i guess with seeing my battery meter having all its bars... Normaly though with 200-300 emails browsing all day off and on and about 45 minutes of calls i recharge mine around 8pm. Most of the time it has about 45%-60% at that time. The start of my day is at 8am I have noticed it gos from 100% to 95% faster than it should but its all good I cant complain this battery lasts the longest out of any blackberry I have had
    PIN:204D7C8C http://forums.delphiforums.com/Blackberrytalk
    AIM:Austinsnyc
    Yahoo:Whips_n_licks@yahoo.com
    "8100" 4.2.0.64

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

I see much better battery life on this BB as well than I have on other BB's that I've had. The battery life seems to be much better than the battery life on the 8700g and the 7105t. I charge my pearl every night. I use my Bluetooth headset and receive between 50-100 emails daily. I talk on my phone about 1-2 hours daily. I send 2500 text messages per month. I do browse the web some and I use pico news but I don't have it on push.

I make sure that I close out apps that I'm not using, so that they're not running in the background. That has improved my battery life as well. I work 10-12 hour days and I'm at 40-50 percent battery life when I charge my battery at night.

Hope this helps you get an idea.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by xtasyboi_00
    How long does your pearls battery last? Mines about 2-3 days with normal use like call text internet and IMs. Pls pin your answers and post it here. Thanks
    Because I have switched to no land line at home [I have cable broadband] it's essential that my battery is always fully charged, especially if there is a power outage and I have to go without charging for awhile [true, I can charge the phone in the car].

With this in mind, I keep mine hooked to a charger at all times. Have a charger in the bedroom, home computer area and office.

So my battery never gets below two bars or 80% when I am about town.

Sidenote: More and more U.S. residents are getting rid of home land lines and using wireless as the "home phone." You should try it. Once you get over the awkwardness of not having a land line [something we have had all our lives] later you don't even notice it, except for the $650 annual savings by not having a bill.

Sidenote 2: Gee, will we someday see the elimination of cable in the house? And instead everything will be done with a 1gb wireless modem contained in our Pearls?

X Factor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204AEE68

Probably not in our Pearl or hand helds (of course later on probably, as I think computing will all become hand held and portable like our current phones with monitors and speakers and also maybe keyboards being the only stational part), but phone companies are trying to make the switch to wireless soon from what I hear. At the very least trying to get rid of copper.

TexRob no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    Because I have switched to no land line at home [I have cable broadband] it's essential that my battery is always fully charged, especially if there is a power outage and I have to go without charging for awhile [true, I can charge the phone in the car].

With this in mind, I keep mine hooked to a charger at all times. Have a charger in the bedroom, home computer area and office.

So my battery never gets below two bars or 80% when I am about town.

Sidenote: More and more U.S. residents are getting rid of home land lines and using wireless as the "home phone." You should try it. Once you get over the awkwardness of not having a land line [something we have had all our lives] later you don't even notice it, except for the $650 annual savings by not having a bill.

Sidenote 2: Gee, will we someday see the elimination of cable in the house? And instead everything will be done with a 1gb wireless modem contained in our Pearls?
    I hardly know anyone with landlines anymore. I haven't had a land line since around late 2001 or 2002. Back then it was more of a pain. You'd have places demanding a "home phone" and it wouldn't take a cell phone as your home phone. Nowadays, it's very common and you don't see any of that kind of stuff. I can understand it in a household with kids, but before kids, there is no real reason.

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

Well mine is doing ok considering I only charged it for about 6hrs when I got it and on Sunday I had a bit of a road trip and watched four episodes of Smallville and two SouthPark's and still had 15% left for talk so I'm pleased

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast