By mistake I deleted the blackberry file off my computer. I had my phone plugged ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

how is this possible??!!

Advertisement

By mistake I deleted the blackberry file off my computer. I had my phone plugged in with the usb n idk why I clicked on the removable disk drive n deleted the blackberry folder. The odd thing is sum of my ringtones still work n I could still view caller ID pix...how is this possible? How can I retrieve the music lost or at least the music that's being played but not found in any of my folders...I have no clue n I don't really want to add everything again

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    It should still be in your recycle bin......have you checked?

PIN/ID
    ask
    nope...not in there

WHAT?!?! Lol

How did you manager that lol

that's pretty odd

PIN/ID
    ask
    its like this...i was at work..i was listening to music off my BB thru the computer using the USB cord...idk where my mind went..and i went into my computer and clicked on the removable disk drive thinking to myself...how the hell am i showing connected to BB when im not (but actually i was, i just blanked out)..so, me thinking that i was disconnected i thought to myself...i dont want anyone going thru my phone stuff while im not here (cuz i thought the computer copied all my BB info)...so i began to delete everything...once i had confirmed the delete...i then realized it WAS connected...and bugged out....i tried checking the recycle bin and found nuthing in there...the weird part is that when i get a text message or i get a call now...the ringtone i had assigned to a certain contact, still rings for them and the specific tone i had for text, or for MMS, or for BB messenger still ring like nuthing ever happen....but if i go into my media and click ringtone folder...nuthing is in there..i click any of the folders and their all empty...even if i hit explore..so im lost as to wut i can do...

morale of the story....brain farts do happen

haha...I've had brain farts before, they suck!!

Well, for the rintones and stuff, not sure, but maybe the bb makes a copy of it like the caller ID pic, because if you set a pic for a caller ID, then you delete it, it'll still show up, because the bb makes a copy..so I guess it does it for customized ringtones and alerts.

But as far as retrieving your music and stuff, IDK man...seems your a-out

PIN/ID
    ask
    I had to do a battery pull n when I put my battery back n the phone restarted...the ringtones where all gone...lol...so now I'm sure I gotta do it all over...and re do those ringtones...lol..damn gassy *** brain!

It was silent but deadly.lol

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    You may be able to retrieve deleted files IF you stop using that computer right away (to avoid re-allocation of now available clusters) and download, preferably using another computer, an appropriate utility. E.g. there are some at majorgeeks.com.

lvsinjin no está en línea Stack level 1
    there are apps out there that can recover deleted files from flash drives and memory cards.
    if the phone was still connected to your pc you could have just clicked on Edit > Undo

PIN/ID
    ask
    I did try edit undo...but the undo feature was shaded out n I couldn't select it...its ok..gives me a chance to make new ringtones

Thanx stackers...