Hi all! I just bought BB 8100, and I am amazed how functional (apart from ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

alikic no está en línea Stack level 1

How to get the "today" themes without the BB browser?

Advertisement

Hi all! I just bought BB 8100, and I am amazed how functional (apart from being beautiful) the device is. I was, actually, looking for a cell phone with PIM, not so much for browsing and email. Therefor, I didn't buy a data plan - a phone and a PIM is all I really need.

Now, I have a real problem! The themes that come preloaded with the device suck, and I quickly found out that the best themes can be only obtained using the BB browser (like the today theme on mobile.blackberry.com). I also downloaded Plazmic CDK 4.2, to create my own theme, only to find out that I cannot! I mean, changing the colors and icons is nice, but I what I really need is a functional change - like having a snapshot of calendar items, messages, etc. like in the "today" theme.

I also tried installing the user agent switcher in Firefox, in hope to trick mobile.blackberry.com into thinking that I am going there using the BB browser. I didn't work for me. Maybe I don't understand how it exactly works.

Is there anyone who already went through all of this and, perhaps, has the "today" themes in a form that can be emailed and installed using the desktop manager?

Thanks!

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

Re: How to get the "today" themes without the BB browser?

search for the topic call ota withou ota, i has same problem, in that topic 3rd post or so will be how to do it, you have download the simulator of your BB to pc, download MDS and so on, this is actually really good, as i am in the same situation as you, you can get all app by downloading them to the device on your pc and then uploading them to your real BB