When I go to the switch application function on my pearl I have way more ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...

How do you...

Advertisement

When I go to the switch application function on my pearl I have way more things open than I would like. I understand some of the things need to be running in the background, but how do I shut certain things down that run in the background that I may not need? Like media folder, or my faves? That stuff does not need to be open in the background, but when I open whatever it is and close it in the folder/app it still shows up on the application function? What is the correct way to exit these unnecessary things running in the background?

Thanks tons!

Meh!

Ps. I really like this place..Thanks everyone who has helped me get used to my Pearl so far.. This is a great welcoming community no matter how large it may seem...

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: How do you...

be sure to choose menu/close before leaving any application? i think that should work

PIN/ID
    PM me...

Thats what i've been trying and no go? What apps should remain open and shouldn't? I realize like myalarm and iCall manager need to run all the time, but what should or should not be open?

Thanks!

Meh!

PIN/ID
    PM me...

All it does is move them around the "Switch Application" list and reorders them? Confused me is..

Thanks!

Meh!

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

If an app doesn't close after doing what cherri just suggested, that means that they are meant to be always open and there is no way to close them. Myfaves is one of those applications by the way.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ATA

land your 'focus button' on the app you want, once it appears, click menu/close

messages, phone, messenger, browser and home will always be on the screen.

PIN/ID
    20F3D846

From the list of perinstalled apps on the BB, Phone, Messages, BB Messenger, and MyFaves are always running.
    You may also have 3rd party apps installed that are set to run continuously, most of them can be set to close though by changing their menu options.

PIN/ID
    PM me...

Right now I have a Messages, Browser, Home Screen, Media, Blackberry Messenger, iCall Manager, myFaves, Phone, MultiAlarm Scheduler(Fixing to uninstall I think, not worth $30IMHO), and MyAlarm, and B & W List all open applications. I think I can definately get rid of one of the alarms, dont think I need two, and one of the call managers(probably B & W since iCall Manager is replacing it..But does all that sound normal guys? Just seems like a lot to me...

Thanks!

Meh!

PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Yep, that's perfectly normal, all those apps are monitoring one function or another on your BB but wouldn't be able to do so if they were closed.

PIN/ID
    PM me...

At any point in time does the memory in one of these babies get maxed out, or are they just super computers..Its crazy! LOL

Thanks!

Meh!

PIN/ID
    ATA

if you haven't purchased a media card, i would suggest doing that...still, its only for media. so yes, i guess at some point you can download too many applications. i guess the first sign would be if your bb starts getting really slow...

PIN/ID
    PM me...

2Gig card here from day one..All music and ringtones, and anything that can be on the memory card is. I wish apps could be installed onto the memory card that would be neat. I took off one of the alarms and call managers..Wow you guys are great. Cherri, what are your "must have" apps? I think its so cool that these BB's are so customizable. I never thought I would like one until I got my hands on it... Sorry I guess I just have the new user bug..LOL

Thanks!

Meh!

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

I have Bunch of apps on my pearl and it never got slow or froze. I also never cleaned my inbox/outbox, call logs and other things. So idk if its matter of the OS or the pearl is self.

PIN/ID
    ATA

if you haven't read over this one, its a first stop place for newbies

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._all_apps.html

personally, i keep my bb clean of most 3rd party stuff. i will beta test if i think the app is cool, or just trial test. but most of them i never keep.

i have the pinstack launcher, jivetalk, pinstack viigo, facebook, att telenav, sudoku, blackberry tracker