Hi all - new to forum - and new BB user - this is probably ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nycjedi no está en línea Stack level 1

How do u send pics?????

Advertisement

Hi all - new to forum - and new BB user - this is probably a dumb question - but how do u send pics that u take from the pearl - when I load the menu from a pic i take - the only choice I have is to send via Bluetooth. I dont use bluetooth - is this ONLY way to send pics - i do have email capaciity - thnx for help

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Re: How do u send pics?????

You can only send pictures from your blackberry if you have a data plan. If this holds true for you then try eraending your service books.

i believe i have the data plan - if that is true - what do I do and thnx

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Hi nycjedi...where are you accessing the photos from?

I go to media>pictures>media card
    Once you locate the pic, hi-lite it and press the menu key (key to left of trackball)
    Scroll down and one of the options is >send as email
    Hi-lite or chose and it will open up a new compose email window.

hope that helps. if you are saving the pic to the device, then where you would chose media card, you would actually chose device memory...

thnx for the reply cherrichoido - i am pretty sure that im doing that - however i dont have a choice on the scroll menu to send as email - the only selection that i have is "Send Using Bluetooth" - I am also getting the data from Device not memory card (not sure i got that card so not 100% on that) I would figure that I would have the capacity to send via email - just not seeing the option - what am i doing wrong?????

hypnotiq510 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF1A95

Quote Originally Posted by nycjedi
    thnx for the reply cherrichoido - i am pretty sure that im doing that - however i dont have a choice on the scroll menu to send as email - the only selection that i have is "Send Using Bluetooth" - I am also getting the data from Device not memory card (not sure i got that card so not 100% on that) I would figure that I would have the capacity to send via email - just not seeing the option - what am i doing wrong?????
    Go to media/pictures/device memory

Select the picture you want

Click the menu button - (left of the trackball)

Scroll down to "Send As Email" (mine is between properties and send to messenger contacts)

then type the email address in the "To: " field.

Then click menu button

Scroll to send

click send
    Last edited by hypnotiq510; 10-17-2006 at 05:46 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

wow...not really sure. I went thru and chose device memory and i still had the option to send as an email. i even turned off wireless to see if that was an issue and <send as an email> was still an option.

you are 100% positive that you have a data plan on top of the voice plan?

X Factor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204AEE68

You can also send as MMS, which you would want to use if you were sending to a friend on their mobile phone as well, if they don't have a smartphone.

If you don't have the options for "Send as Email or Send as MMS" you probably don't have a data plan or need to have the features enabled.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

You sure you have the T-MO BlackBerry/Data plan? It's a $20 extra charge on you monthly bill. If it's there, then you have it.

If you do have it, have you activated or "turned on" your e-mail services and the browser? That may be why the menu choices have not shown up, your have not turned on all your "stuff."

LaZyBoYx15 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30481A4C

welcome NYCJEDI
    Love my first BlackBerry (Pearl)!
    PiN 204B103B

pakxelaos no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi all - new to forum - and new BB user - this is probably a dumb question - but how do u send pics that u take from the pearl - when I load the menu from a pic i take - the only choice I have is to send via Bluetooth. I dont use bluetooth - is this ONLY way to send pics - i do have email capaciity - thnx for help
    On my pearl, both Media card and Device memory have all option that can be sent as Email,MMS,BT. Except the Preloaded media (with the LOCK) has only Send or Receive via BT.

Thx all for youir replies..... I spoke with my IT dept - and yes I have the data plan - apparently its an issue with my firm poilcy- as I run my email through work - still working in it there - but just wanted to say thnx for your hlp - BB Pearl really rox - and i rarely say that about a fone! Again - thx

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

nycjedi, Welcome to PinStack. Company Pearl, Nice Job there.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles