Hey guys...I want to make sure that all the phone numbers that I entered on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

spik_ie no está en línea Stack level 1

How Do I Make Sure That My Numbers Are Stored On My Sim??

Advertisement

Hey guys...I want to make sure that all the phone numbers that I entered on my pearl, actually get imported on my sim card....ia there any specific setting that has to be changed in order for this to work????....i need some help please....

thanks

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: How Do I Make Sure That My Numbers Are Stored On My Sim??

Hmm I aint really sure about that too, never thought of it thou lol

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

unfortunately from what I have seen you have to go into the contact and hit menu then copy to sim.
    hope it helps
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by kayos72
    unfortunately from what I have seen you have to go into the contact and hit menu then copy to sim.
    hope it helps

I don't have that option. I can access the SIM card and copy all it's contents to my address book on the phone, but not the other way around. I can't find any way to copy TO the SIM card. This is a bit distressing. :/
    --
    Faith is the truth of passion.
    Since no passion is more true than another,
    faith is the truth of nothing.

PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by aergern
    I don't have that option. I can access the SIM card and copy all it's contents to my address book on the phone, but not the other way around. I can't find any way to copy TO the SIM card. This is a bit distressing. :/
    here's what I just figured out, the only contacts you can copy to sim card, in the way I have above, are the entries with only one phone number,I'm guesssing this is because bb recognizes contacts diff from most phones and the sim card is built for all phones
    sorry to confuse!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

spik_ie no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for the help guys....iguess that I will have to manually tsg each name and add it to my sim card

PIN/ID
    ask me

sorry but that's how it goes if you are worried about a backup. use the desktop manager and it will back up all contacts to outlook

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by kayos72
    here's what I just figured out, the only contacts you can copy to sim card, in the way I have above, are the entries with only one phone number,I'm guesssing this is because bb recognizes contacts diff from most phones and the sim card is built for all phones
    sorry to confuse!
    Wow. And I just thought that the Pearl wouldn't overwrite a contact entry. I deleted all the contact entries I had backed up from when the SIM (TMO) was in my RAZR. That was a bad idea. Good thing Missing Sync for BB works well and the OS X address book doesn't have the limits of the TMO SIM. :/ So much for digital lifestyle.
    --
    Faith is the truth of passion.
    Since no passion is more true than another,
    faith is the truth of nothing.