ok im not sure if this is possible but i was wondering if you can ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jesus650 no está en línea Stack level 1

How do i transfer a song to my 8100 to be a ringtone??

Advertisement

ok im not sure if this is possible but i was wondering if you can download or transfer a song or MP3 to the BB 8100 and assign it as a ringtone?? if so how do you do it? another question, i set up my e-mail accounts on the 8100 but everytime i get an e-mail the e-mail message shows up in the sms text messages folder? is there a way to stop that? and my last question is, does this new software download for the 8100 BB does the upgrade in software help the problem with receiving sms messages from ur fave5 but instead of showing the number, will it show the name?? thanks for any input. thanks again!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    For your first question,
    put the ringtone in your device memory using desktop manager's media manager, then just go into your the profiles and assign it to phone.

Or if you have a full song you want as a ring tone you need to have a MicroSd card and put the song on there, then go to the song on your BB and hit menu, then select "set as phone tune".

I have never encountered email messages going to sms folder maybe someone else can help.

I do not use fav5 so cant answer that one either sorry.

king217 no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    204d71a3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ ok first you don't need a sd card its a lot Better to have but a program called wave pad will allow you to cut a song down to your favorite part up to like 40 seconds go to wavepaf.com and load it on your home pc after its installed go to were ever you keep you downloaded songs and right click select edit with wavepaf and wave pad will load it for you you gave to edit it for you self email me and I can email you a ringer of you choice mr_h1983@tmo.blackberry.net

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by king217
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ ok first you don't need a sd card
    I said you need a MicroSD card If you want a full song just to clarify. at least any song thats more than 2.9 mb

poolshark49 no está en línea Stack level 1
    yea i have the same problem 2 about the favorite 5
    when i text some one or recieve it
    it doesnt show the name just the number and i hate it
    any suggestions???
    thx mike

kurrupt_1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23AEA032
    Go to http://www.phonezoo.com and create a free account and get free tones and make your own.

I havent tried send a full song from the sd card to the site, but I dont think you can upload from the bb period.

I could be mistaken since I haven't tried.
    "If you can't do it on one wheel, try harder!"

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    For your first question,
    I have never encountered email messages going to sms folder maybe someone else can help.
    I get this happening too but they also go to their individual email icon folders. If I delete the email in that respective folder it comes out of the sms inbox too.

Alex

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    For an explanation of the multiple email Icons and the Message List, see the link in my sig. And they aren't folders. Folders went away with the transition from BIS 1.8 to 2.x

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

berry24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    i have myfaves and it does show the name when someone sends me a text. just make sure that the number is stored in your address book and in your myfaves exactly like the phone sees it when the text is received. for example, at first, i had my phone book entries as 1234567890, but the phone sees incoming numbers as +11234567890, so make sure to add +1 in the address book and your myfaves to the number sending you the text, it should work.

poolshark49 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thx

Youngblood no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: How do i transfer a song to my 8100 to be a ringtone??

Can you Bluetooth a MP3 file (to use as a ringtone) into your Pearl or do you have to use the USB cable? Also if you can BT the file does it have to be saved to the Micro SD card?

Thanks
    YB