Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay Stackers, HELP before I go insane. I have had my pearl for over a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

air4ce1 no está en línea Stack level 2

How do I stop this blinking red LED?

Advertisement

Okay Stackers, HELP before I go insane. I have had my pearl for over a year and all of the sudden out of the blue my LED is blinking red and I can't turn it off.

I have no missed calls, email, sms, mms or anything else and I haven't changed any profile at all. My battery is 90% charged and I've done about 4 battery pulls and have waited from 30 seconds to 1/2 hour to put the battery back in.

Any suggestions? The phone works just fine, it's just the blinking red LED!

thatzmister2 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: How do I stop this *&%$#@! blinking red LED?

Quote Originally Posted by air4ce1 View Post
    Okay Stackers, HELP before I go insane. I have had my pearl for over a year and all of the sudden out of the blue my LED is blinking red and I can't turn it off.

I have no missed calls, email, sms, mms or anything else and I haven't changed any profile at all. My battery is 90% charged and I've done about 4 battery pulls and have waited from 30 seconds to 1/2 hour to put the battery back in.

Any suggestions? The phone works just fine, it's just the blinking red LED!
    Try switching themes and see if it clears it. Do you have any third party software installed? Jivetalk, IM+?

Quote Originally Posted by thatzmister2 View Post
    Try switching themes and see if it clears it. Do you have any third party software installed? Jivetalk, IM+?
    I switched to a few other themes and it's still blinking away.

I edited my last reply. Any third party apps?

AHardy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    317DA781

Is your LED Coverage Indicator on? Check your Screen/Keyboard options. Maybe that's it?

That would be green if he had coverage. Does it turn red when you don't have coverage? Do you have EDGE?

I checked the LED coverage indicator to make sure it was off and it was. I turned it on and then off just to see if it might be stuck or something.

I have have had the same 3rd part apps for almost a year: Telenav, blackberry alerts (I checked all the settings and colors), color my trackball, mobylo multi-alarm, memory up, gmail, VR+

That would be green if he had coverage. Does it turn red when you don't have coverage? Do you have EDGE?
    Yes, Mister ... I do have EDGE

PIN/ID
    317DA781

Quote Originally Posted by air4ce1 View Post
    I checked the LED coverage indicator to make sure it was off and it was. I turned it on and then off just to see if it might be stuck or something.

I have have had the same 3rd part apps for almost a year: Telenav, blackberry alerts (I checked all the settings and colors), color my trackball, mobylo multi-alarm, memory up, gmail, VR+
    When you turned the LED Coverage Indicator on and saved it, did the blinking LED turn green, and then when you turned it off and saved it, it resumed blinking but it was red again?

Do you have an old Task that's pending or something? Any BB Messenger Conversations that have a new message or need to be ended?

AHardy: It did indeed turn green and when I turned it off it resumed blinking red.

I checked tasks (which I don't really use) and BB Messenger and nothing is hanging or pending.

Good Grief!! I would hate to go so far as a wipe and OS reload. How about sending yourself a message, ignore it so that it goes to LED reminder and then open it? (Or have you already tried that?)

Good Grief!! I would hate to go so far as a wipe and OS reload. How about sending yourself a message, ignore it so that it goes to LED reminder and then open it? (Or have you already tried that?)
    yeah, I sure have. I had my son send me a text msg and after I read it it's still blinking. It's really strange. I haven't had a single problem with my Pearl until now.

PIN/ID
    317DA781

Here's something I would try. I would clear the logs by doing Alt-LGLG and erasing everything. Then exit the Event Log. Let the phone sit for a few seconds, let it blink a handful of times, then go back into the logs and see if anything pops up that looks interesting. I'm by no means a RIM programmer but if that list shows something obvious like ERROR BLAH BLAH maybe that's the problem? Could the blinking red LED when all seems normal be a BB's cry for help?

EB
    EB no está en línea Stack level 3

thatzmister2 seems to ask all the right questions, and I think he covered just about every possibility. I once had an unanswered call icon that "wouldn't go away". I called my carrier who reset my account, I did a battery pull and it was a goner. Maybe after you have explored all of thatzmister's checkpoints you can try that. Good luck.

Thanks all for the quick responses. I have to head to the Mall and I just may stop by the ATT store to see if they have a clue as to why this is happening.

You guys rock ... thanks again for trying!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast