Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I did my tests with Tmobile EDGE. I dont know if other providers faster service ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: How do i set up an internet connection through pc?

Advertisement

I did my tests with Tmobile EDGE. I dont know if other providers faster service would make a difference or the limiting factor is the Pearl.

In the settings I set the modem speed to the fastest that was there 921600 and enabled the hardware flow control option under Windows XP.

I will look in the hardware setttings to see if I can increase anything else.

I just ran another few tests using:

http://infospeed.verizon.net/speedte...edtest500k.asp

and the best I did was 46k for a 1/2 meg file. It took 86.81 seconds to download.

I dont think its my PC as this is only a 4-5 month old Dell running at 2.8 with a gig of ram.

I am still looking around in the settings.

berrygrl87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E21FD8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wow!!I'm new to this whole BB pearl thing!I mean I've had my BB for s month but new things always poppin up for pearl. I'm really gonna try to use the pearl as a modem cuz I have a pc that doesn't have internet. Even tho its slow its still a great help!!thanks everyone!

chillo no está en línea Stack level 1

guys ... wellllll ... me mate attacked his pearl to his pc and immediate had internet connection ... without software? ... is that possible ... he doesnt remember how he did it, which again shows how lucky i am

i hope someone helps me out ... id like to use it throughout edge of course ...

cheers

coreysr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24426C48
    if anyone could help id appreciate it.i set up my pearl as a modem through the how to on the stacks yet i kept getting kicked off after 20 minutes or so.i was still connected but unable to do anything untill i disconnected and went back in.i called tmo to get help and they really screwed me up bad. nothing worked.so back to the stacks to do it again. i still have the same issue. my pearl is not receiving any push email or any data no sms no calls it just stops being able to transfer data.i have the unlimited data with at least 3 bars of GPRS coverage.is their something im not doing right?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

vidals no está en línea Stack level 2
    You really need to check out mobishark. It's a great app that let's you connect to the internet through your pearl. I was on a remote farm in kansas and had only 2-3 bars and I was surfing the internet. The speed felt about that of a 56k modem.

The advantage of mobishark is that you can see exactly what is happening in your connection. You can see which images/files are being transferred as the page loads. Go to www.mobishark.com.

s7umpy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8A20F
    Vidals r you running mobishark on your 8100, because when I installed it's not showing up in the Application Loader for me. Personally the Pearl has a USB modem allready built in. I think that coreysr has time out problem where the modems kick him out or the tower drops the connection. If it's every twenty minutes then TMO will kick you off since they don't want their bandwith taken up by data or the tower is so busy depending on the location that starts droping of clients. It's a wireless connection don't expect to surf the internet for hours like on Cable or DSL. I have been on different device 3G/Edge and you would be lucky if you don't time out after half hour. I would look at location TMO is constantly working or upgrading their towers. Have you tethered with other devices before in that same area? I had a blackjack and LG CU500 and alot of times if I get dropped off I have to power off my device and power it back on to get back on with the laptop. Try some more testing see if with a different device you can stay longer on TMO(it has to be the same carrier).

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    for the 8100 you don't need mobishark. I used the settings from here and on the verizon site I got 70k pretty good considering the size of this thing.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Use this speedtest and let me know what your results are.

http://infospeed.verizon.net/speedte...edtest500k.asp

zaitsev no está en línea Stack level 1
    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel then Phone & Modem Options.
    Click on the Modems tab, select the Standard Modem then click Properties.
    Click on the Advanced tab and enter the following string under Extra Initialization Commands:
    +cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com"
    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel and then click Network Connections.
    Click Create a new connection and then click Next.
    Select Connect to Internet.
    Select Set up my connection manually.
    Select Connect using a dial-up modem.
    Select the modem you created above and then click Next.
    Enter T-Mobile as the ISP Name.
    Enter *99# as the Phone number and then click Next.
    Keep User name and Password blank. Clear all the other check boxes.
    To create the connection, click Finish.

Then on the Connect screen click Dial

zaitsev no está en línea Stack level 1
    Make sure Desktop Manager is running, and Pearl is "Connected"

does someone know which phone number i need to enter for TIM italy??? i cant find it anywhere ...

another thing ... on the website of tim it says when i connect to my blackberry and i click no on the message that pops up, when i go to an internet site on the blackberry, i should also connect to my internet explorer on my pc, but nothing happens ... does someone know where my problem is?

thanx in advance,

cheers

guys ... i must be stupid or so ... dunno ... i cant get access to internet ...

my mon arrived with her notebook and ill try there ... but ... do i need to do that wireless ... also i should be possible to surf connected to usb with tim ... i think i cant surf through gprs, my phone is not configured to it ... dyou guys have a sollution for me cuz im going crazy ... EVERYTHING works fine except this stupid internet connection ... please help me as i need this thing for my work :s

cheers

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba
    Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Not necessarily...

Your USB port is probably limited to 115k, not the device itself.

If the USB is restriciting speeds to 115k, even if the device pulls 2-3x that in speed, the USB is going to limit it to the 115k.

There was a thread somewhere where another person was saying they were always getting 115k when using the Pearl as a modem, but come to find out it was USB limited.

There are a few ways around it.

A: Get a faster USB port, which is going to be pretty inpractical for most people.
    B: Try and go in and edit your USB for the MAX amount of transfer that you can get.

If I get time here a little later, I will do a How To on utilizing and speeding up a USB transfer.
    I highly doubt that the blackberry is putting out that speed. That speed is rated for a T1 line or a really good cable service. I sometimes get that connection/transfer rate with COX. I find it kinda impossible for a cell phone to provide that service. I wish I had my laptop here so I could test it out.( Long story with Best Buy)

I find the speeds mention after that believeable. Arround 50-70K sounds more realistic.

Has anybody else tried checking the transfer rate(internet connection)?

Update

I just tested the connection, here is what I got.

Last edited by ~BLACK ICE~; 12-18-2006 at 11:48 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast