I'm trying to move the video that comes with the Pearl onto my microSD card, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

How do I (re)move bb video?

Advertisement

I'm trying to move the video that comes with the Pearl onto my microSD card, and then delete from the internal memory to free up some space.

Baring that, how do I simply delete it?

I have only about 7mb of internal space! I've deleted almost all of the additional languages, but I'm still trying to free up some more space. I have to get rid of some of the themes on my bb!

Thanks

sarge_44 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: How do I (re)move bb video?

I just deleted that video right off the internal memory. Or you can try doing it though Desktop manager

sarge_44 no está en línea Stack level 3

How did you delete the languages?

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

To move the demo video, go to the Media icon. Click the menu and go to Explore, then go to device memory, then videos, and you should be able to select it and bring up the menu to Move.
    If you don't really need it, you can just delete it from your applications list. Options > Advanced > Applications.

Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin
    To move the demo video, go to the Media icon. Click the menu and go to Explore, then go to device memory, then videos, and you should be able to select it and bring up the menu to Move.
    If you don't really need it, you can just delete it from your applications list. Options > Advanced > Applications.
    When I go menu/explore and open Video, I find two folders, Media Card and Device Memory.

If I select "Device Memory" and Open, I find pictures folder and a ringtones folder, NO video folder!

Yet, if I simply launch Video app, I can find a folder called "Preloaded Media, and opening that folder I find "Blackberry.avi"... however, I cannot move it or delete it, I can only choose Play, Play all, Play folder, etc. There is no delete choice, no move choice....

Anyone have any ideas???

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

To remove the preloaded video you can run the app loader and uncheck the video, which will remove it. You must have the OS installed on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by sarge_44
    How did you delete the languages?
    From the Home Screen, choose Options/Advanced/Applications and you'll find numerous language files. Highlight the ones you dont' need, hit the menu button and choose "Delete".

You'll need to reset your blackberry for the saved space to show up when you click Options/Status.

You can actually free up a LOT of space deleting the language files you'll probably never need.

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    To remove the preloaded video you can run the app loader and uncheck the video, which will remove it. You must have the OS installed on your computer.
    Thanks.

That's a bummer, I don't have an OS loaded on my PC, but I guess I'll wait a few days for when T-Mobile releases their update, and then worry about it.

I'd like of like to have the video on my memory card, instead of simply deleted.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Do you watch the sample video often, is it that great of a video, or could you simply just load other cooler videos to watch? I know I got bored with the video halfway through it.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

This video was the first thing to go on mine
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Do you watch the sample video often, is it that great of a video, or could you simply just load other cooler videos to watch? I know I got bored with the video halfway through it.
    BLASPHAMY!!! HOW DARE YOU!

Love the acting, the cinamatography, the camera angels, the plot... what's not to love?

(I always cry at the end... hate to admit it....)

PIN/ID
    3056468b

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

i no this is not a 8830 but how do i remove the preloaded song on my 8830 its almost 1 meg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD