How do I first, Put movies on my hard drive and What software do I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

DonnieDarko no está en línea Stack level 1

Question How do I put movies on the phone

Advertisement

How do I first, Put movies on my hard drive and What software do I need to do that. I already use limewire to download music videos and I have that Super converter to convert them. I just need to know how to get full length movies on my hard drive and then extract it. PLEASE HELP!!! oh yeah i have the 8100 pearl
    Thanks

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

Re: How do I put movies on the phone

Donnie,

Welcome. Read this post for more information on video conversion and getting the files to your Pearl. There may be some tips and tricks in hear that will help you out and make things nice and smooth.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ng_8100_a.html

You can transfer files to your device using the Desktop Manager and the Media Manager function.

Let us know if this helps you out or if you need any further assitance.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

DonnieDarko no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey Thanks but I need to know how do I put my DVD's on my computer's hard drive and then from there how do i extract the file of that movie and then I know from there what to do. Its that I wanna watch my dvd's on my phone but i'm clueless where to start. I already got the blackberry desktop manager and the super converter. but I need to know how Do I burn dvd movies on the hard drive of my computer and fid the files.
    Thanks for the response's and the help.

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d

Did you search the forum? I didn't have time to search it for you but I know someone just posted about a program to convert from DVD just the other day. Try and search before asking... chances are it was already answered. Welcome.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

DonnieDarko, Welcome to PinStack.

That's more of a basic PC question than specific to BlackBerry or the Pearl. I haven't done any ripping of DVDs to my harddrive yet, but there should be software available that will allow you to do it. Here are two threads that discuss ripping DVDs. The Original: Video encoding for the 8100 and "BlackBerry Video Creator" - $15 - Recommend Use the Search this Thread feature when you open the Thread and search for ripping DVD to find the exact posts referencing this.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

M-majul no está en línea Stack level 1

Donnie,
    Did you figure out how to wathc movies i am getting an 8100 soon and wanted to be able to watch movies on them so please tell me all you know.
    Thanks
    m-majul

indianacowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30e66bcd

in addition to the above... does a movie eat up your sd space ? might be a really dumb question... but arent movies like 2 or 3 gigs ?

fame24 no está en línea Stack level 1

hi does any 1 know how to put viedos on a blackberry curve

kendog1369 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by indianacowboy View Post
    in addition to the above... does a movie eat up your sd space ? might be a really dumb question... but arent movies like 2 or 3 gigs ?

they are usually even more than that and blu-ray movies are over 20 gigs. but you can use a program that will convert them to an AVI file, and also convert the size way down so that it only takes a couple hundred megs of space. one of the bad things about doing this though is you lose picture quality. i would rather have more movies and music on my media card so i just deal with it. lol
    Last edited by kendog1369; 02-12-2008 at 03:20 PM.

nova609 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Maybe someone could correct me...but couldn't you insert a dvd into your computer, then using the computers media player, rip it into the proper format then install on blackberry using desk top mgr or via mass storage????? Or is this too easy to be possible........

nova609 no está en línea Stack level 3
    by the way, is there a certain format a movie should be in to install on blackberry 8300?

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Okay... Just let me run you through it. Download the following: DVD43 and handbrake. Not see programs and you can google them. Install both, and reboot the computer as necessary.

Now when you boot up, DVD43 should start. If it doesn't, run it and let it minimize. Pop in the DVD you want and wait for about 20 seconds for DVD43 to to read it. Start up handbrake, and wait for that to read it. Now go to "browse: go to your computer, select the DVD drive, and go to the VIDEO_TS folder and open it. Hit enter. Go to the chapter select "drop-down" menu and find the longest one; that's your movie. Not go to destination, and choose where you want to save it, as well as the format. Select one of the presets in the right-hand pane, and then hit start. I use the "broke" preset.... Hope this helped...

PIN/ID
    2444409C
    Also I forgot to say that you should find a converter to make it in .3gp format

PIN/ID
    2444409C
    In the first post I meant "both are programs....." sorry about that!