How do i send a ringtone that's been saved on my media card to an ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

how do i ..... if i can

Advertisement

How do i send a ringtone that's been saved on my media card to an email or other BB? If I can do this...how do I go about doing it?

Thanx in advance

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: how do i ..... if i can

you can do this and I know usually with the most recent updates to the software for the pearl it's made it much easier to do. you can either do one of a few things, compose email and choose of course who its going to press menu add attachment and then it will bring up the directory of device memory/media card and find the file located. you can attach multiple ringtones to an email and send it to woever. i've sent 4 at the most to a buddy of mine, they have the options to listen and save the attachment if you are sending them the file but they to would have to be running a more recent update to their device. you can also do this with images and music files i do believe the max file size is 5mbs though.

be sure you are running the most recent OS update like I 'm using on my t-mobile pearl, the .107
    hope this helps

jonny edge
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    ask

Thanx....that's exactly wut I wanted to know....I just tried it and it took me about 10 minutes to send a au file 1.4MB....idk if that's normal....but wutever...it got the job done....thanx a lot jonny

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

no problem at all yeah depending on file size and coverage area will determine how long it will take to send. ten minutes does seem to be a little long. was that the size of 1 ringtone? or multiple

glad i could help
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    ask

Just one....could be also that it wasn't really a ringtone...but actually sumthing I recorded with a voice recorder app I got...maybe becuz of that it took so long....

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

You can also send ringtones via mms and receive ringtone via mms. Click "save ringtone" and it'll save it directly to your media card.

The catch: any ringtone MUST be 18 seconds and below. If your ringtones are this size they will attach just fine. Anything above and it'll say the file is too large.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

All the ringtones I make are between 2seconds to 24 seconds. They are all under 200kbs. And that's usually the trick they have to be under 200 or 300 kbs in size to send them. You might want to check the size of your file before sending them. Also what program are you using to make ringtones ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hmm I use wavepad and with just cut and trim anything 18 seconds or below works. No converting or quality compromised.

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

i use audacity...everything i make is mp3, and i play around with my settings to make them sound louder, fade in/fade out. make sure the bass isn't to overwhelming...and i get all of that in there with no issues. and then if i need to make wav files i use dbpoweramp to convert my mp3 to wav
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

I just checked the ringtones I've received and they're about 279 kb-295 kb so the magic number is 300 kb or below. Good to know, Jonny.

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

I knew it was 200 or 300 kbs. I'm glad we got it figured out and glad I could help~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~