I recently downloaded the new DM, and now I have no Mass Storage option. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Kon
    Kon no está en línea Stack level 2

How do I access mass storage?

Advertisement

I recently downloaded the new DM, and now I have no Mass Storage option. I want to add a couple ringtones and things I've downloaded, but I can't figure out how to open the files in my BB from the DM.

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Re: How do I access mass storage?

easiest way to shuffle around files.
    go to options >media card. turn on mass storage mode.

When you plug bb to comp. look for "removable disk" icon in My Computer. In there is your Blackberry folder and files etc.

AS far as desktop manager, you might have downloaded one without media support

Kon

hmmm, do I need a media card? I have a small 64 mb one right now, could I use that then move the files to my handheld?

Kon

wait, I actually have a microSD card that I can't get to fit in it... will that work? Is there some other place I should be putting it?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

64 Mb is small. You will fill that up pretty quick. It is recommended to use a media card (microSD aka TransFlash) to keep from filling the memory up on the unit. If the memory starts running low on a Blackberry, it starts deleting things like emails, sms, mms, call logs, etc.......

As for loading the memory card. Remove the battery, open the memory card door (the one above the sim card). Install the memory card with the contacts facing towards you and at the bottom of the card into the door not the tray in the back of the phone. You then gently close the door down (there is a little bit of pressure required but not much) and lock it in place.

Zo

Kon

No matter what angle I put it in it wont go in. The door stays at about a 30degree angle...

EDIT: Okay, I got it in, I had to apply a little bit of pressure to get it. And one more thing. I have an SD adapter for the SDcard, so I have the music file on there, how to export it from the media card into the ringtone section on my phone?
    Last edited by Kon; 03-07-2008 at 09:59 PM.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    You just copy it over.

Zo

royeiror no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208C2087
    Kon: you may have not noticed that the metal lock has two protussions that "hug" the card in order for it to not move around. that's why you couldn't get it past the 30 degrees angle, if you take a close look, you need to inser the card with it's back touching the inside of the metal lock and then you will be able to close it with no effort.

Also your card will have some directories... i think you can toggle the directory creation when you select in the camera that you want to place all your new pics in the external memory.