Hi, Not long had my Pearl, but loving it, however, the bain of my life ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nortonski no está en línea Stack level 1

How do I change the ring time b4 voicemail??

Advertisement

Hi,

Not long had my Pearl, but loving it, however, the bain of my life is the amount of time it takes from initial ring till voicemail cuts in...

I get less than 15 seconds to get to my mobile & answer or I miss the call...I dont want to NOT have VM.

Where on earth in the phone menu can I adjust this??? I've looked, but not in the right places it seems...

HELP!!!!

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: How do I change the ring time b4 voicemail??

It's in you voice mail setting...
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

which is where exactly...lol...dumb questions perhaps, dont you just hate newbies...

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

lol no prob but call your voice mail and go in your setting should be there
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

I tried that, no options at all for this, the issue I have is the length of time before my pearl dumps the caller to voicemail, this I'm sure MUST be handled by the device & not the voicemail operator.

Any other advice??

Thanks

mythmbhurts no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D7C8C

you need to enter a code in your phone and then dail this code. Off hand I forget what this code is. Use the search tool in this forum and im sure you will find it. I belive 30 seconds is the longest you can go before voicemail picks up though
    PIN:204D7C8C http://forums.delphiforums.com/Blackberrytalk
    AIM:Austinsnyc
    Yahoo:Whips_n_licks@yahoo.com
    "8100" 4.2.0.64

kamaunu no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241c3f07

if you call T-mobile customer care they will give you the code to enter. the longest time you can have is 30 seconds. It's better if you call customer care from a different phone other than the bb so you can enter the code and make sure it goes through. T-mobile customer care is 1-800-937-8997, they are open 24/7!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by nortonski
    I tried that, no options at all for this, the issue I have is the length of time before my pearl dumps the caller to voicemail, this I'm sure MUST be handled by the device & not the voicemail operator.
    Voice Mail rollover time is controlled by the Network, not the handheld, except for certain responses such as roll immediately. Some Carriers have an option in the Voice Mail Control Menu that you access from your phone, some don't. But all will change it, if you call your customer service line.

Hope this Helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Re: How do I change the ring time b4 voice mail??

Hi,

Not long had my Pearl, but loving it, however, the bain of my life is the amount of time it takes from initial ring till voice mail cuts in...

I get less than 15 seconds to get to my mobile & answer or I miss the call...I don't want to NOT have VM.

Where on earth in the phone menu can I adjust this??? I've looked, but not in the right places it seems...

HELP!!!!
    In addition to "the code" you may want to turn your vibrate setting to "1" for the phone. That is what I do. It gives me more time to hear the phone and pick up the call.

By turning vibrate to "1," when a call comes in, the phone almost immediately starts to ring rather than vibrating first. I think the default for vibrations is 3.

I made this change because my phone is often times sitting on a counter or something. If the first few phone rings are vibrations, I often would not hear those. So by the time the phone gave an audible ring, I only had about 10 seconds to dash to the phone and pick up the call.

With the phone set to vibrate only once, I have always had plenty of time to get to the phone, usually about 3 rings.

Just go to profile settings for the phone and set the vibrations to "1" which is the minimum you can set. Make sure to save the change.

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

i just tried calling myself to see what the delay is...i counted informally (as in 1-1thousand, 2-1thousand, 3-1thousand, ...) and got to 26-1thousand before it dumped me to voicemail, which is about the time it would take for someone to hang up if I didn't have voicemail, so i think it's about right.

GC1218 no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm with T-Mobile and had the same problem with my Razr that I had. I just upgraded to the Pearl so I don't know if that is any different. T-Mobile told me that their system controls that . I sent them an email and they changed the setting on the the system and now ring like 6 or 7 times.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: How do I change the ring time b4 voice mail??

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    In addition to "the code" you may want to turn your vibrate setting to "1" for the phone. That is what I do. It gives me more time to hear the phone and pick up the call.

By turning vibrate to "1," when a call comes in, the phone almost immediately starts to ring rather than vibrating first. I think the default for vibrations is 3.

I made this change because my phone is often times sitting on a counter or something. If the first few phone rings are vibrations, I often would not hear those. So by the time the phone gave an audible ring, I only had about 10 seconds to dash to the phone and pick up the call.

With the phone set to vibrate only once, I have always had plenty of time to get to the phone, usually about 3 rings.

Just go to profile settings for the phone and set the vibrations to "1" which is the minimum you can set. Make sure to save the change.
    how do you change the vibrate to "1", where would i go to do that?
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

Hi,

Not long had my Pearl, but loving it, however, the bain of my life is the amount of time it takes from initial ring till voicemail cuts in...

I get less than 15 seconds to get to my mobile & answer or I miss the call...I dont want to NOT have VM.

HELP!!!!
    Look here:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...email_tmo.html

HTH
    Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

for Cingular to extend the ring time before it goes to VM try this:
    1. Get the current call forwarding status, enter *#61#[SEND] into your phone.
    2. Write down the 10-digit number(ignore the +1), this is the phone number that your calls are currently being diverted to.
    3. Enter **61*[number]*11*[delay]#[SEND] into your phone using the phone number (numbers only no dashs like 555-1212) as reported by the status & the delay can be set to (5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30) seconds. You need to type in the # and *'s
    4. To verify that the settings are correct, enter *#61#[SEND] into your phone.
    Last edited by cliffr39; 06-18-2007 at 04:04 PM.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.