Okay, everytime I hear someone say their Blackberry has a memory leak, I think to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

How Can I Fix This?

Advertisement

Okay, everytime I hear someone say their Blackberry has a memory leak, I think to myself "delete themes and apps" or "too many apps running in the backround."

Well I have little to no memory everyday. I've deleted 2 themes and 3 applications. The only thing runing in the backround is the necesities (Phone/Email/Home/etc). Web cache clears itself after visiting 3 pages. I make one call and see nothing in the Call Logs. I have no reoccuring calendar events. I clear the Event Log every day. I send one message and nothing's listed in the Message Folder. People send me texts and I never get them. Not using BIS until my service with TMO ends, so I don't understand the problem.

Has anyone experienced this or does anyone know how to fix it?

Oh, I should mention... last time I put my TMO (Data Only) SIM in my Berry my memory seemed fine. But when I use my AT&T (voice/ Media Net) SIM that's when I notice disappearing logs and what not.

Okay... who can help me?
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

mistergreg no está en línea Stack level 3
    I hate to suggest the obvious but you're using a memory card and have all of your pictures and ringtones stored on it right?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

good1988 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Honestly that was occurring with me also and I upgraded my OS to 4.5 and everything worked well...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by mistergreg View Post
    I hate to suggest the obvious but you're using a memory card and have all of your pictures and ringtones stored on it right?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    YEah, 8GB card.

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by good1988 View Post
    Honestly that was occurring with me also and I upgraded my OS to 4.5 and everything worked well...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I can't upgrade OS b/c my Berry won't connect to my DM or even the computer.

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Anyone, please?

For most people, a battery pull a day keeps AppLoader away. Pulling the battery resets the leak.

You don't see anything about mass storage mode or anything on your PC when you plug it in?

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Yeah I tried upgrading to 4.5 and in the middle of the process something went wack, since then my computer can't read my device. I use a card reader to add media.

Yeag, battery pulls donp't help by the way. I forgot to add that to my list of things I do, but I pull out the battery atleast 3 times a day and that isn't right...

Someone help please

Ok what you might need to do Is delete the dektop manager on your pc and download a new one...tell if it can read it~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sorry I been really busy and yes my spell check is horrible lol...but once you dl the new desktop manager see if you can see your phone on your pc~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Justyn,

Try the steps in this thread to reload the OS. How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I've already read through all the threads about it and nothing works. Ill try re installing 4.3 dm once my fios is up and running. But none of this seems to help my situation here. Yeah 4.5 might be nice, but what would that have to do with my memory leaking?

A lot of people, including myself experienced a memory leak using 4.3 on our 8120. I haven't heard a complaint yet about 4.5 ;-)

PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ this is so wack, I haven't had any memory all week long. Its really pissing me off. You want me to upgrade my OS? yeah, tell me how to connect my berry to my computer, it doesn't seem to want to read my Berry, not even as a flash drive.