Add more then 2 themes onto my 8130? And can I delete the standard ones ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jiggaman2g no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301D5887

How can I.......

Advertisement

Add more then 2 themes onto my 8130? And can I delete the standard ones that the phone comes with?
    Crackberry Pin 3053C148 (new pin)

smarkow no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: How can I.......

Using the Desktop Manager, i'm pretty sure you can delete some of the original themes

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by smarkow View Post
    Using the Desktop Manager, i'm pretty sure you can delete some of the original themes
    To do so you would need to modify the alx file on the back end on the handheld software. I would not recommend doing so unless you know what you are doing but the path on the PC is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\81XX what ever your software version is. You would need to delete the cod file associated with the theme. Again this is at your own risk and could brick your phone. If you are going to mess with it save a full copy of the blackberry alx file in notebook so if something goes wrong you can paste it back in again.

PIN/ID
    301D5887

so in other words apart from trying to louse up my phone (which im not brave enough to do) There is no other way for me to add more then 2 themes onto the phone?Not that Im complaining just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggaman2g View Post
    so in other words apart from trying to louse up my phone (which im not brave enough to do) There is no other way for me to add more then 2 themes onto the phone?Not that Im complaining just wondering.
    What is stopping you from adding more then 2 themes? is it free space?

PIN/ID
    301D5887

every time try to add more then 2 the DM tells me that (eg: plazma theme is unrecognized and goes to delete it) in terms of memory the phone says i have 13817745 bytes free

every time try to add more then 2 the DM tells me that (eg: plazma theme is unrecognized and goes to delete it) in terms of memory the phone says i have 13817745 bytes free
    Are you sure the themes are written for the 8130? If they aren't specifically for the 8130 i believe it will not load on the phone.

PIN/ID
    301D5887

I got the themes from this site and it says that they are for the 81xx. They have been working very well on my phone so i doubt that the 8100/ 8130 has separate themes. Im wondering if I should perhaps buy a 2gb sd card so I can put everything i want on this thing......btw based on the #'s i told you is the memory low?

I got the themes from this site and it says that they are for the 81xx. They have been working very well on my phone so i doubt that the 8100/ 8130 has separate themes. Im wondering if I should perhaps buy a 2gb sd card so I can put everything i want on this thing......btw based on the #'s i told you is the memory low?
    Based on the memory you got about 13 MB.... not low in my opinion. I would not let it drop below 7 MB or so to be on the safe side.

As far as the theme goes when you go into mobile.blackberry.net from the phones browser do they have any themes written on there yet for the 8130? Last i checked they did not, which would tell me the themes would not necessarily be the same, but i could be wrong. It has happened before. I would say if they have a theme there to try downloading it to see if you can load it on.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 12-05-2007 at 02:38 PM.

PIN/ID
    301D5887

just tried to load mobile but the site has a "server overload" so I need to try again later.......so I will do so later on. Hey have you experienced the case of missing SMS and emails that have seemed to plague these phones?

just tried to load mobile but the site has a "server overload" so I need to try again later.......so I will do so later on. Hey have you experienced the case of missing SMS and emails that have seemed to plague these phones?
    Seems to be an issue on the 8130 that has not found a cure yet. Others have complained about the same thing. I would follow THIS thread and try to free up as much memory as possible, just to be on the safe side.