So a couple of weeks ago my trackball stopped scrolling and I turned to pinstack ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Denisenicole no está en línea Stack level 3

Housing for trackball loose!

Advertisement

So a couple of weeks ago my trackball stopped scrolling and I turned to pinstack to figure out how to clean it. Well I followed the instructions to a T and the trackball is now working perfectly and everything has fit back into its slot neatly except for the housing/casing/the-shiny-round-thingy that protects the trackball center.

I don't know what else to do, I've tried turning it every way I know but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    I changed my 8120 trackball from the original to one from my old 8100 (a smoother working one) I also couldn't get the tin cover back on but I can say that it works better than before. Personally I wouldn't worry !

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

eah523 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i've taken quite a few pearls apart and had my first experience with a curve just a few days ago. they're very easy to fix. the trackball is very sensative if anything gets inside or underneath of it. i usually use a air compresser at work to clean them out. but if the plastic piece that is holding the track ball in place has enough pressure it will bend it and sink inside. the cover has 3 slots and have to be placed in the right way. again, it's not too hard, just patience. :-)

Denisenicole no está en línea Stack level 3
    I got so frustrated with it that I've been using my phone without the cover for the past few days. I'll try again when I'm in my happy place