Does anyone know if different housings are available for the Pearl yet? My issue is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lamoglinsgal no está en línea Stack level 3

Housing

Advertisement

Does anyone know if different housings are available for the Pearl yet? My issue is that I ordered a Pearl in gold, changed the order the same night to white, and was sent the gold one. The company has no issue in replacing the phone, but I'd have to send it back and go a week without my phone. This is my first BB and I'm not willing to part with it any time soon! LOL! I'd really prefer white, though, and OEM if possible. Picky, picky, I know!

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Housing

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~where did you get it from, because if you got it from tmobile over the phone or online, you should be able to take it to any corporate store and swap it out. But you have to call customer service and they will note your account. Just a thought for ya to speed up the process a little bit

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~because you can't get a housing I don't believe and even if you could the last thing you want to do is rip your blackberry apart just to replace the color or have to buy a housing

rw5579 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jkai2188
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~where did you get it from, because if you got it from tmobile over the phone or online, you should be able to take it to any corporate store and swap it out. But you have to call customer service and they will note your account. Just a thought for ya to speed up the process a little bit
    would actually have to go back to cust care/online... not actually seen a cust care/online order returned to a retail store

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i did with my curve because they sent me the gold one and I wanted the titanium so they just swapped it out. But keep in mind it has to be a corporate store NOT an indirect

Quote Originally Posted by jkai2188
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i did with my curve because they sent me the gold one and I wanted the titanium so they just swapped it out. But keep in mind it has to be a corporate store NOT an indirect
    might have got away with one...

the market(s) im a part of, on the corporate side, have strict guidelines, and this scenario does come up occasionally, and we do have to direct those exchanges back through cust care, then again some areas may not have as strict adherance

just didn't want the OP to go into a retail location and think that an exchange in the store would be guaranteed

best of luck

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thats why I said he needs to call first and go from there. The reason you call is because they will authorize the exchange over the phone and then go to the nearest store. I know here in michigan we do cs exchanges all the time. Its part of our polocie that states we have to exchanhe any phone bought from tmobile usa. And that would be one, correct me if I'm wrong

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sorry can't spell policy. Lol

rather than discuss regional differences and policy interpretations... i think we're looking from the same point of view... the OP should call cust care and the store he/she is intending to visit for the attempted return... and see what options will work...

OP... good choice though... getting away from the gold pearl... j/k... its no so bad

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~good luck. Lol

I actually got my phone through myrateplan.com, so I'd have to send it back. I have until the 25th of October, but I need to check on usage time. I'm still up in the air.

Thanks everyone. I went ahead and bit the bullet today, sending the gold one back for a swap. I hope the new one gets here soon.