hello ladies and gents, i've had my 8100 for a year and a half and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

djdc78 no está en línea Stack level 1

hourglass stalling after password entry

Advertisement

hello ladies and gents,

i've had my 8100 for a year and a half and it's been great. it's been dropped in a sink full of water, dropped many more other times, been in a motorcycle accident, and still runs great. but recently i've been having a strange problem that i haven't found an answer to with the search function. everytime i put my password into the phone to unlock it, it stalls for a couple seconds. sometimes an hourglass will appear sometimes not. i'll put in the password, and movement with the trackball or keyboards doesn't work till after a couple secs. it's been a bit of an annoyance. i upgraded the OS yesterday and disassembled the trackball and cleaned it today. it's still there. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

dc

crazy_cajun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31b6fa46
    it could be possible your running out of memory, messages,pictures, etc, had a similar problem with my curve running slow and driving me nuts, thought i would have fixed it with a new OS install but figured out that not the case as it carries all that stuffover during the install.... hope this helps

tylerscott20 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    In the generl tab i asked the same ?. Do you have content protection on?

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    more than likely if its not a memory issue then its content protection. the device has to decrypt the data before it allows the user to access it
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

djdc78 no está en línea Stack level 1
    content protection is off.....i did a test where i locked the phone in any other app other than the home page, ie messages, calendar, address book.....when i unlock the phone, i have access to the trackball or keyboard for about a sec, then it stalls for about 4-5 seconds......is there any apps that are being loaded as the phone "unhibernates"...thanks...

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    just the ones that are always running in the background. when it unlocks the device has to check for integrity before it give you functionality of the device.
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.