Hello - sold my pearl to my ex (I got an 8310 ) and shes ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bcp858 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hourglass of death and now nothing

Advertisement

Hello - sold my pearl to my ex (I got an 8310 ) and shes having issues. It was working fine until she loaded the disc and tried to transfer some music onto the device. The media player died. No worries I hop onto the net and d/l the updated software from the link provided at the top of this forum. Issues. Hourglass of death started and would not go away. Did the hard reset and nothing. Pulled the battery out and plugged the device in. Puter read it and started the software thing again now Im in the middle of that issue. Device now wont turn on - nothing. I put the battery in got two rapid flashing red lights and now nothing. Any ideas? Thanks for reading.

Brian

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I heard that a new battery fixed it.

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrykku27 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    EDIT

I thought it wouldn't even turn on. Disregard my last reply

Sorry.

The OS finished loading and Im stuck in hourglass of death again. Any ideas? I d/l from he following is a list of Handheld OS's by Service Provider for the Blackberry 8100, 8120 and 8130 worldwide.

The newest Handheld OS is listed for each service provider that carries the Blackberry 81xx (as of 11JAN08). Note that while most are multilanguage, some are just Chinese. I have not personally checked, but have been told that the Chinese OS's also have English. Many providers use the same OS as other carriers so there are repeats on the list, but this will be a good reference to check for updates as well.

Each lists the Carrier, Package Version, Application Version, Software Platform and Size. Follow the link and in the "Please Select a Product" dropbox, find "Blackberry Pearl 8100 Smartphone" or "Blackberry 81xx" (in most cases). Older versions each Carrier used may also be listed, but the newest will be at the top.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Blackberry 8100 OS's

AIS Thailand
    v4.2.1.145 (Multilanguage) - Applications: 4.2.1.93; Platform: 2.3.0.77; Size: 72.74mb
    AT&T
    v4.2.1.154 (Multilanguage) - Applications: 4.2.1.96; Platform: 2.3.0.78; Size: 72.91mb
    BASE

problem fixed...not sure but it works. thanks.