Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So as to my dismay today when I looked at the menu on my Pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

burgy77 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E962F6

Question Hour glass is always stuck thinking (OS 4.5)

Advertisement

So as to my dismay today when I looked at the menu on my Pearl I had gotten all of ATT's new pushed items (Media Mall Shop). At first I was kind of excited. New features! But then I realized my Pearl was thinking (the hour glass was spinning), but I had not asked it to find anything or do anything. So I let it sit thinking it was just connecting with the network and would be done soon.

Checked it again 15 mins later still the same thing. So I pulled the battery and did a reset. Everything loaded up fine minus the fact that it was still thinking after it had loaded. Again I pulled the battery this time for about 15 mins. When the Pearl loaded up same crap still thinking.

After 4 hours of noticing it the Pearl is STILL thinking. And now draining the hell out of my battery. I charged it this morning and it was near dead by 6pm. Not normal so I am assuming it is stuck in some loop of connecting and searching for some information from the network that is un-needed. Any ideas?

I am running OS 4.5.0.55 and have been doing so for about 1 1/2 - 2 months or so. With NO problems what so ever.

The phone is a first gen 8100 on ATT's network.

PIN/ID
    23E962F6

phiv5e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217F515F
    Does it shut off @ all???? Mine did after awhile but I got help with my problem... mine was similar to yours... check this thread out....

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/f7/help-90719-new/

phiv5e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217F515F
    if thats not the problem then maybe someone else can help.... its really a pain to have a bb that doesnt work properly... so sad... i really hope that its something simple and that you can correct it .... have a good one...

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Make sure you are closing all apps that you can close and don't leave apps running in the background. To check what apps are running in the background, hold down the ALT key and press the "ESC" key or the key to the left of the red phone. You can scroll through the apps running in the background. Close out all applications you can, excluding Phone, Messages, BBM, etc. Those applications cannot be closed because they are always "running".

Also, press and hold ALT then L G L G. This will bring up your Event Log. Press the BB key (right of the green phone) and clear the Event Log. Do this at least once a week along with a battery pull.

See if this gets rid of your hourglass.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    23E962F6
    I checked running apps and it was just the normal use ones (phone, BBM, PTT, etc.). I also cleared the event log (which did say "Warning" at the top) and performed a restart (battery pulled). And the hourglass is still there. It has to be doing something very intense because my battery is almost dead again. Thanks for the help guys. Any other ideas? I am going to try and reload my old set up from the BB Desktop Manager. That should stop it... I hope.

amitb101 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had the same problem.. I tried removing all my apps and didn't do it for me so I backed up all my crap then reformated the phone and now its fixed so try either removing all the apps if that fails, you have to reformat your phone.

Also I heard its due to memory issue but I had lots of space on my phone and 2GB Mcard so check that out as well. hope it help

PIN/ID
    23E962F6
    Removing the memory card did not help. I didnt even try to remove the apps. I figured I would just do a fresh install of the OS. And import my apps and address book back in. Thanks for all the great ideas. I will post if it works!

freehat no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E92305
    Hi! I have the same exact problem, my post is in the general discussion ( i can't post links)

I didn't realize this was pearl specific.

BTW, i did the log emptying and the cache emptying and all that.

Please let me know if backing up and reseting the BBerry works. This is a huge pain.

freehat no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E92305
    Also wondering if anyone just sat it out and waited? This has been happening to me for 5 hours.... I was thinking maybe I'd wait overnight.

PIN/ID
    23E962F6
    Turns out that the reset was not enough and I had to delete all of my added apps (Cubs mobile, CNN, Facebook, Google Maps) and now it works fine! I guess I should have tried that first! So thank you amitb101 you defiantly helped out in the end!

freehat I had the problem for over 24 hrs and since it kept draining my battery in a couple of hours it was quite annoying. I suggest trying to delete the apps. And reloading them.

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I had some hourglassing issues with that OS on my 8100 too. I would suggest upgrading to 4.5.0.81. I'm a lot happier with it and no problems with hourglassing or apps.

PIN/ID
    23E962F6
    Do you have a link to the 4.5.0.81 that you downloaded? I tried to download a Vodafone one and it was a corrupted file.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    You can probably find it here: Latest OS by Device
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yep, I used the one from Vodafone Australia and Fiji:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...19656875EE557C

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast