Does anyone know if Windows LiveMail (aka Hotmail) can be used with T-Mobile BIS on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

baysurfer no está en línea Stack level 1

Hotmail/Windows LiveMail and BIS

Advertisement

Does anyone know if Windows LiveMail (aka Hotmail) can be used with T-Mobile BIS on the Pearl?

I've tried setting it up on T-Mobile's BIS site and through the browser on the Pearl, but I keep getting an error message saying it can't be set up.

I've seen some posts from people saying that they've been able to set up LiveMail with BIS. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Hotmail/Windows LiveMail and BIS

i am using opera mini and sometimes the BB browser to check my livemail.

According to T-mo, at this moment they do not "support" pushing with hotmail...even if you pay for the hotmail premium service.

it's not a software thing...it's a commercial thing between Tmo and msn/hotmail because hotmail pushing worked fine with my BB on cingular (with the premium service). It appears they just can't meet some sort of "agreement" to turn it on.

donovan1983 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DF59B1

Re: Hotmail/Windows LiveMail and BIS

As mrdeeno said, there's just no agreement in place to allow Hotmail/Windows Live Mail users to have their email work with BIS. It's actually RIM and MSN that need to forge an agreement and my guess is that it probably won't happen simply due to the fact that RIM and Microsoft are direct competitors in the push email realm. For now, the best you can do is use the WAP site. Typing in the Hotmail URL in the BB browser will direct you there.