Hello all. I am new to the wonderful world of Blackberry, and now wonder what ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3

Hotmail trouble and a couple other problems

Advertisement

Hello all. I am new to the wonderful world of Blackberry, and now wonder what I did without it?! This is a great site, but I am finding that some of the lingo people use as foreign because of my lack of experience/knowledge. I have a couple of newbie questions I would like to see if someone could help.

I have the BB 8130 with Cellular South as my network provider. It has the latest software (one of the many informative posts I have read about here).

I have attempted to set up a hotmail account that I have had for about 10 years and kept getting a windows live error and something about a lack of JAVA with no way to try and fix it. I was setting it up through the setup wizard and I assume the blackberry browser. Does anyone know how I can get this set up?

I contacted my service provider concerning the GPS feature and they said that it should work. I stood in my backyard (no trees) for 30 minutes while it tried to "locate satellites" Tried many things including the battery pull and everything I have read here and no luck. Any suggestions?

I have read alot issues about youtube. Before I wasted my time I talked with my service provider and they said they had no problems during the "testing" they conducted on the phone in watching it. I keep getting errors and have been unsuccessful so far in watching a video.

Sorry for the long post. I appreciate this site and all that participate.

p.s. After reading about the Otterbox in this forum, I looked it up and ordered it. Best money ever spent on a phone accessory! Thanks. DM

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    For your hotmail question I could be wrong but I don't belive it will work no matter what carrier you are on. Take a look at this thread.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...e_hotmail.html

And for your youtube question are you going to the mobile youtube site? My pearl automatically take me to mobile sites and works fine. Other than that I can't be much help there sorry.

And for your GPS question. It took A little while to get this working on mine too. I had to let it just keep searching for satellites untill it timed out and then start over I think it took me at least three tries before it connected. After I finally got it to connect it does not take as long now. Hope this helps a little. Or helps untill someone smarter than I has a better advice. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thank you for the advise. I am still having issues, but I am working though it. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You need a hotmail plus account for it to work I believe.

For video try this :-

http://www.blueapple.mobi./