Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

I'm charging it up right now! fyi, for those who've been keeping track, mine is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    menx's Avatar
    menx no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    204CA122
    Posts
    18

    hooray! pearl has arrived!

    Advertisement



    I'm charging it up right now!

    fyi, for those who've been keeping track, mine is marked 196 = if i understand the code, it was made 9.1.06 ?

    so, anyone wanna give me some pointers as to what i should do first on my phone?

  2. #2
    tippndown's Avatar
    tippndown no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    3012D2AF
    Posts
    143

    Re: hooray! pearl has arrived!

    id say Get a micro sd card

  3. #3
    flash24's Avatar
    flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: hooray! pearl has arrived!

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hey congrats!

  4. #4
    williamlc21's Avatar
    williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    653

    Re: hooray! pearl has arrived!

    First thing I do is set up my profiles
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

  5. #5
    LaZyBoYx15's Avatar
    LaZyBoYx15 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    PIN/ID
    30481A4C
    Posts
    85

    Re: hooray! pearl has arrived!

    What mobile provider are you using?
    Love my first BlackBerry (Pearl)!
    PiN 204B103B

  6. #6
    xtasyboi_00's Avatar
    xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    PM
    Posts
    1,325

    Re: hooray! pearl has arrived!

    Id say get a protective case and Screen protector

  7. #7
    xtasyboi_00's Avatar
    xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    PM
    Posts
    1,325

    Re: hooray! pearl has arrived!

    and PIN me

  8. #8
    menx's Avatar
    menx no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    204CA122
    Posts
    18

    Re: hooray! pearl has arrived!

    microSD on the way,

    i do need to get a protective case and screen protector..i see what people mean bout easily scratched (looks like it anyway).

    using tmobile.

    and PIN me? i'm a noob! ;p

  9. #9
    pinchao's Avatar
    pinchao no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17

    Re: hooray! pearl has arrived!

    Congra! Welcome to pinstack!

    Quote Originally Posted by menx
    I'm charging it up right now!

    fyi, for those who've been keeping track, mine is marked 196 = if i understand the code, it was made 9.1.06 ?

    so, anyone wanna give me some pointers as to what i should do first on my phone?

  10. #10
    sanfrancisco's Avatar
    sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    568

    Re: hooray! pearl has arrived!

    Quote Originally Posted by menx
    I'm charging it up right now!

    fyi, for those who've been keeping track, mine is marked 196 = if i understand the code, it was made 9.1.06 ?

    so, anyone wanna give me some pointers as to what i should do first on my phone?
    The phone with that date code has been recalled. I'd send it back.

  11. #11
    sanfrancisco's Avatar
    sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    568

    Re: hooray! pearl has arrived!

    Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    The phone with that date code has been recalled. I'd send it back.
    Just kidding.

  12. #12
    xtasyboi_00's Avatar
    xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    PM
    Posts
    1,325

    Re: hooray! pearl has arrived!

    Quote Originally Posted by menx
    microSD on the way,

    i do need to get a protective case and screen protector..i see what people mean bout easily scratched (looks like it anyway).

    using tmobile.

    and PIN me? i'm a noob! ;p

    Ok il PIN

  13. #13
    tai's Avatar
    tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    PIN/ID
    304E2757
    Posts
    236

    Re: hooray! pearl has arrived!

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~welcome to the stacks!

  14. #14
    jlesh's Avatar
    jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    23D95340
    Posts
    264

    Re: hooray! pearl has arrived!

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~First thing I did with my BB was set up my e-mail accounts because the primary reason I switched from a Treo to a BB was for the push e-mail. I think I honestly spent two or three full days setting up things, changing things, downloading apps, picking themes and fonts, and basically getting my BB just the way I wanted it. BTW, you asked about PIN messaging. I will explain it. Every BB has a unique PIN # which identifies that device. BB users can send messages to one another using the PIN, similarly to text messaging, but it is instantaneous and free of charge. You can find your PIN by going into Options-»Status. You can compose and send PIN messages by going into Messages, clicking your trackball, and scrolling down and selecting "Compsose PIN". Hope this helps and feel free to PIN me to test it out or if you need any additional help.

  15. #15
    mm's Avatar
    mm
    mm no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    64

    Re: hooray! pearl has arrived!

    Quote Originally Posted by jlesh
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~First thing I did with my BB was set up my e-mail accounts because the primary reason I switched from a Treo to a BB was for the push e-mail. I think I honestly spent two or three full days setting up things, changing things, downloading apps, picking themes and fonts, and basically getting my BB just the way I wanted it. BTW, you asked about PIN messaging. I will explain it. Every BB has a unique PIN # which identifies that device. BB users can send messages to one another using the PIN, similarly to text messaging, but it is instantaneous and free of charge. You can find your PIN by going into Options-»Status. You can compose and send PIN messages by going into Messages, clicking your trackball, and scrolling down and selecting "Compsose PIN". Hope this helps and feel free to PIN me to test it out or if you need any additional help.
    hi jlesh,
    i've never done this before... question(s): i don't have a data plan, can i still PIN someone? is it really completely free? why would a carrier build in a free way to text message? not that i'm complaining...
    thanks,
    mm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •