Has anyone tried to make some sort of homebrew OS for the pearl yet. iv ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Insanitation no está en línea Stack level 2

Homebrew OS?

Advertisement

Has anyone tried to make some sort of homebrew OS for the pearl yet. iv seen plenty of people do things like that with the ipod, game consoles ect... im not sure if i would put it on mine cause i would prob end up bricking it.. but was just interested in the idea or any failed attempts

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: Homebrew OS?

well that would prob be attempted by Hayden or some other pro so lets wait and see what they have to say...plus there might even be some legal ramifications with that (maybe not on a personal level but if someone tried to post it say on the internet)

Insanitation no está en línea Stack level 2

eh...now that i think about it ...it prob wouldnt be a good idea...it prob wouldnt be able to connect to data or make calls anymore

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

I'm sure somebody on here could get around all those issues, the question remains is anybody willing to put in the effort and time required...it would be great to have an os that's customized to your needs (even though its pretty good right now)