how come when I set up the home screen image it sometimes works perfect and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

Home Screen Image

Advertisement

how come when I set up the home screen image it sometimes works perfect and covers the entire screen but on some images though it covers the whole screen the top part (time, date, reception/connection status) is highlighted or slightly visible/darker.

kind of annoying. How do I remove it or at least make that section see-through so it won't affect the image?

(theme issue? I'm with rogers on a BB Dimension Zen theme)

bbtec no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D76E42

Re: Home Screen Image

That all depends on what theme your running and the size of the pic that you r using~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kevin430 no está en línea Stack level 3

thats 1 thing i hate the most
    KeVin 4 Sho~

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

If you are trying to resize a picture to fit perfectly on a screen then you can use this site to resize it for you all for free. the link is....

http://www.blackberrywallpapers.com/upload.html

Type this in your browser address bar and choose the picture you want off of your bb. Then type in the email that you want the picture to be sent and choose the size(240x260 for the pearl) you want the picture to be changed into. It will resize it and send it to the email you said and then you can save the picture and set it as your background image.

Hope this helps,

COJO 24

HITMONEY no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A06965

All i did to make my picture fit was when viewing the picture i want on my home screen I push track ball>Zoom>track Ball to desired size>push track ball>Set As Home Screen

It doesn't permantly change the size of the pic in the folder, but it remembers the zoom level when you set it to the home screen.

Hope that helps.

camiiseta no está en línea Stack level 2

^^ you can also zoom in 1:1(so it's not all pixelated) on a picture you uploaded and set that as your home screen. it works fine on

BB Dimension Icon
    BB Dimension Today
    BB Dimension Zen

But with the Cingular theme, the top part is faded.

beeballman no está en línea Stack level 2

Great tip, Thank you works like a charm.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Quote Originally Posted by Yclif
    how come when I set up the home screen image it sometimes works perfect and covers the entire screen but on some images though it covers the whole screen the top part (time, date, reception/connection status) is highlighted or slightly visible/darker.

kind of annoying. How do I remove it or at least make that section see-through so it won't affect the image?

(theme issue? I'm with rogers on a BB Dimension Zen theme)
    This happens all the time even thou lately this problem seemed to disappear on my phone. It really is not about the picture size u're using although for the best result use 240x260. There is no way of changing or turning that off. Just try using a diff wallpaper. There are alot of bb pearl wallpapers at the top of this forum under "8100 Wallpapers" if u're looking for a specific wallpaper, make a request in there and someone or I will find it for u.

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

Quote Originally Posted by peterbabiy
    This happens all the time even thou lately this problem seemed to disappear on my phone. It really is not about the picture size u're using although for the best result use 240x260. There is no way of changing or turning that off. Just try using a diff wallpaper. There are alot of bb pearl wallpapers at the top of this forum under "8100 Wallpapers" if u're looking for a specific wallpaper, make a request in there and someone or I will find it for u.
    thanks, you answered my question.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

the top part (time, date, reception/connection status) is highlighted or slightly visible/darker.
    Additional information on this. Some themes have a translucent banner background that changes the image under the Indicator Banner slightly lighter or darker. This is done to ensure that the indicators stand out a little better on these themes.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~lol I was wondering about this also. That's why I love this place, if you look hard enough you'll most likely find the answer to almost any question.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Glad we could help let us know if theres anything else u need

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4

at what resolution is the 240x260? for best results, my old samsung was 525x701 on 1px res on adobe photoshop. it ended up super clear on my screen. i guess i'll try it out and report in here.