On my previous BB (I can't even remember the model number, but it was a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Taz6 no está en línea Stack level 2

Home key?

Advertisement

On my previous BB (I can't even remember the model number, but it was a brick and I'm glad to be rid of it!) there was a button you could press that would take you from whatever application you were in back to the home page (that shows all the application icons).

I can't see any such button or option on the Pearl?

That's kind of a pain because, for instance, if I'm in the media app and have drilled down to a picture, I have to back-button four or five times to get back to the apps home page.

I have set one of the side convenience buttons to bring up the app choice window where you can scroll across and chose the home page - clunky, but somewhat of a solution.

Anyone have any better option?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Home key?

Tax, if you hit the red End key, that should work for you.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~You can also do Alt-Esc which does the same as Alt-Tab in Microsloth Windoze.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I do the alt escape all the time, but I always forget that when you do that it will leave apps open. You need to make sure to end them so the battery life isnt eaten...

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by Taz6
    On my previous BB (I can't even remember the model number, but it was a brick and I'm glad to be rid of it!) there was a button you could press that would take you from whatever application you were in back to the home page (that shows all the application icons).

I can't see any such button or option on the Pearl?

That's kind of a pain because, for instance, if I'm in the media app and have drilled down to a picture, I have to back-button four or five times to get back to the apps home page.

I have set one of the side convenience buttons to bring up the app choice window where you can scroll across and chose the home page - clunky, but somewhat of a solution.

Anyone have any better option?
    press your menu key, and hit the switch applications choice. it will show you a variety of options to chose from, to switch to another app. you can find it in any app you are in at the moment. but hitting the end key is by far the easiest way to exit an app.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

The End Key does NOT exit the App, it just takes you directly to the Home Screen. It is the same as pressing ALT + BACK until you see the home screen Icon, then releasing them. It leaves the current app open.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles