i just bough a blackberry 8100 off of ebay and i was just wondering if ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

adairial no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e50cb2

Question holster/case problems

Advertisement

i just bough a blackberry 8100 off of ebay and i was just wondering if its normal when you put it in a case/holster for the screen to go into standby and you not being able to get it to respond to anything. is there some magic trick or what ?

stevevader no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20F0917D

Re: holster/case problems

If its a BB brand case, you may have to go into your active profile and change your "in holster and out of holster settings. BB cases know when your phone is in it.

Good luck
    Steve

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

I know there is a magnet of some sort the keeps the BB on standby while in the holster. That is atleast how my holster worked.

PIN/ID
    23e50cb2

yeah i was looking i'm a little computer savvy but i can't figure out how to set it so it doesn't go into standby

PIN/ID
    24B2C963

What exactly are you trying to do while the phone is in the holster? Do you want to access applications or just be able to receive phone calls?

If it is just phone calls:
    Go to Profiles > Advanced > Select your Profile, press menu, select EDIT Profile > Select each option and edit the IN HOLSTER area to your personal preference.

If you want to access applications, it is not possible as far as I know, if the magnet is in the holster. To fix this:
    There is a magnet under the pad (felt), remove the pad enough to reach the magnet and remove the magnet. Put the pad back after the magnet is removed, then you are set.

Many users have done this.

Let me know how it goes or if you have any questions. pin:23F5E7EB

PIN/ID
    23e50cb2

[quote=takadante;481486]What exactly are you trying to do while the phone is in the holster? Do you want to access applications or just be able to receive phone calls?

If it is just phone calls:
    Go to Profiles > Advanced > Select your Profile, press menu, select EDIT Profile > Select each option and edit the IN HOLSTER area to your personal preference.

If you want to access applications, it is not possible as far as I know, if the magnet is in the holster. To fix this:
    There is a magnet under the pad (felt), remove the pad enough to reach the magnet and remove the magnet. Put the pad back after the magnet is removed, then you are set.

Many users have done this.

Let me know how it goes or if you have any questions. pin:23F5E7EB[

Yeah i wanted to access the applications . i think the magnet is attached to the belt clip on mine so taking it off would defeat the purpose of the belt clip that was a good idea though thanks

PIN/ID
    24B2C963

Do you have a link of too your holster? Send me a PM or pin me the link if you cant post it. I'm sure it is possible on your holster. I've seen it done on many different accessory holsters.

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I think this is a first: someone not wanting standby mode in the case. Phone still rings, email still arrives... Hm.

Am I missing something?

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I could see how it would be useful if you wanted to listen to music while it was in the case. but I'd much rather have standby mode than that ability.