ive noticed this term is mentioned quite a bit, but just realized i have no ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

quantumiq no está en línea Stack level 2

Holster?

Advertisement

ive noticed this term is mentioned quite a bit, but just realized i have no idea what it means? can someone explain what holstering is? thanks

fbriceno97 Guest

Re: Holster?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

holstering, it is to place anything in a holster (example pda, phones... Guns).

And holster is something like a carrying case, but pretty smaller and it can be put on your belt for ex.

Hope this help.

quantumiq no está en línea Stack level 2

yeah, i know what the dictionary definition is, but what does it mean in the profile setting?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

When you edit a setting in a profile, there are two settings. One for what to do when the BlackBerry is in a holster, one for what to do when the BlackBerry is NOT in a holster.

I have my email set to notify me by vibrating only when my BlackBerry is in its holster, and to play a tune when it's not.
    JerryD

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you have a BB holster with magnets that will put the device in sleep mode when holstered that is what the setting is refering to. You can shop around and look for a case or holster with sleeper mode. When you remove it from the case the device wakes up.

Hope this helps.

StatikBB no está en línea Stack level 2

One other thing that you may want to know is that putting it into a holster that will make the phone go into sleep mode will dramaticly improve your battery life!
    -Statik-
    T-Mobile RSR
    8100 Pearl